Boots On The Ground Or Electronic Surveillance Part 2-The Pitfalls

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The first time I came to the Philippines in 2006 I didn't want to go back to the USA to face all of the bad attitudes that many have there.  One of the happiest times in my life was when I retired and shipped off 12 boxes and then packed my suitcases heading to the Philippines. I'm very happy living here and haven't been back to the USA in the almost 5 years I have been here.

My advice is to chat with many Filipinas on-line now and slowly weed them out until you are down to a few which you can plan to meet on your first visit. Try to meet in a central location like Cebu City so they can come to you or another city if they are far away.  Don't try to go to each small town or village which would take a lot of time and could also put you in danger.  When chatting realize that a picture is not necessarily the person you are chatting with. Even when chatting on webcam another person could be typing.  And, on days when they say a webcam is not available at this Internet Cafe then it may not be the person you have been chatting with. This person will probably ask you to send money and/or talk about sex. This happened to me before because Filipinas are very noisy so they get passwords from everyone they know.  Don't fall for any of their bad luck stories of needing you to send money to them. Don't send money to anyone. There are too many scammers on-line so you don't know who to trust. Don't make a comment to any of the girls you chat with on-line and be sure they know you are planning to meet her and some other girls on your visit to see if any of them is a match for you.

As you already know, on your visit with face to face contact and communication you will learn things about them that you could never learn on-line.  If you meet a girl that you are serious about you must meet her family too before making any commitment to her.  Even if the girl is not a scammer her family could be. And since most Filipinas' family has a lot of control over her if they want to scam you out of money she will be caught in between. Only a strong woman like my wife can tell them hell no.  Most Filipinas are not that strong.  Its like they are afraid of their family so they will go alone with scams their family thinks up. I have seen this a few times.

After you meet a girl that you are sure is the one for you, you should talk to her relatives and friends to see if a secret boyfriend or husband comes up in the conversations. And, in addition to that and even better you should have a Filipina who you can trust talk to her.  Filipinas trust each other to keep secrets from foreigners.  My wife tells them something like, I'm just using my foreigner husband for the money, he doesn't know about my Filipino boyfriend. Then the girl will tell her secrets too. If you are in our area we could help you with this. The problem is once a man thinks he is in love with a woman he doesn't want to believe anything negative about her.  That's why you need to do all of these preliminary things before you fall in love.

Have fun but use your brain and be careful.  Asking for advice proves that you are already on the right track.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Have fun but use your brain and be careful.  Asking for advice proves that you are already on the right track.

So much awesome advice but I think it was all perfectly summed up in this last sentence. Thanks Americano!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

It has been said that its more blessed to give than to receive so its always been my pleasure to help others when I can.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

It has been said that its more blessed to give than to receive so its always been my pleasure to help others when I can.

Some don't believe this but I do with my whole heart. You may not get the good payback from the person you gave to but it will come and more than you could ever expect!

• Like 1