Ok So I Am Still Young-What Do I Do Now?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

You will soon find the right one for you, just do not promise what you cannot give

Good advice. Sorry, I just don't understand this last peace. What is it referring to?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

General advice for the Philippines; you will be asked for all sorts of things, from "loans" to romantic commitments.

What Steve is saying is don't be led into making commitments of any sort unless you are really sure that you can meet them. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My advice is to just completely forget about the age aspect and focus on compatibility and how your future significant other makes you feel.

So true.  As my much younger gf lets me look through her facebook and old messages I see a constantly recurring theme.  Lots of nice guys had chatted with her over the last couple of years.  These guys were in their 20's and 30's and 40s and they all made some kind of comment like:  "If only I was a little bit younger we could have had a great life together".  Well guess what, I am in my 50s and did not give a damn about age difference so we ARE having a great life together.  Ya snooze ya lose.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

General advice for the Philippines; you will be asked for all sorts of things, from "loans" to romantic commitments.

What Steve is saying is don't be led into making commitments of any sort unless you are really sure that you can meet them. 

Wow, why does it always read better when someone else writes why i was just about to say

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Wow, why does it always read better when someone else writes why i was just about to say

Hehe Steve, happens to me all the time. Thanks for the advice guys. I already had a feeling about that. Here in Mexico people ask for stuff but are use to being disappointed if they don't get it, in fact they expect it and don't get too upset. I see from the many comments here and elsewhere that Filipinos are different in this aspect.

They expect stuff very quickly and seem to feel very hurt when they don't get it. I have chatted with a few girls online (friends of an aquaintance and such) and with one or two exceptions I could tell how quickly I could get sucked into the role of boyfriend if I wasn't careful.

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

Brother you don't know the half of it. I just got back from Luzon. Mom (hers) is starting to decline at 80, so wife went down to Zambaonga City while I visited with family around Manilla. One 26 y/o niece and her 7 y/o daughter were stuck to uncle Lorenzo like glue. We got a lot of remarks like "you got such a young one" (I'm 50).

Keep yourself in reasonably good shape and you'll be a prime target for another 30 years!

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Time has a way fo "fixing" young. It took seemingly forever to reach half my present age, the time between then and now has flown by. Now I really understand the old guy telling a young one,"I have T-shirts older than you!" :)

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
Keep yourself in reasonably good shape and you'll be a prime target for another 30 years!

Wow, I already thought I was over done.

Now I really understand the old guy telling a young one,"I have T-shirts older than you!"

Me too dude! Most of my friends are young 20 or 30 somethings so I often find myself in that situation figuratively speaking. They ask me if I ever heard of this or that and I am like man I was into this or that before you were born or while you were in diapers!

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I am 44 and set in my ways, somewhat, and would a woman my age be the same? Could it cause more conflict?
Well. An other research - which I have forgot the name of too  :)  -   say most brains are not mature enough for a marriage type relation before 25.

Well, El Negrito, if you find someone who also has (acceptable) baggage, this might be a key point as far as compatibility goes. Usually when you combine that with a mature minded, honest, sweet gal...you have the best chance of happiness. Don't find a new one you can live with, rather one you can't live without. As long as you put yourself out there, I'm sure your wisdom and knowledge you demonstate will carry you through-finally---to success.

If they have - not TO much but - some baggage of BAD experience from bf,

then it can be GOOD for us, because then we can be not so good, but still BETTER in comparing with the old bf   :)