Not So Much As Life But Death As An Expat

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

May he find peace, wherever he may be and whatever he may have believed in.

I think aging in the Philippines can be rough if you haven't established deep roots (translation: a family with financial capabilities). There's also a stigma attached to depression and there aren't stronger supports in place for mental health issues. Regardless, though, this man deserved better. I hope he lived out a good life before the hard times.

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Alby, you owe me a keyboard because I just spewed on mine. What kind of Jihad was the guy on? :hystery:

At the time I read the story I thought to myself that this guy couldn't catch a break. He even had the power outage later in the day blamed on him. It's always the foreigners fault of course.

"He even had the power outage later in the day blamed on him."  This part of the story is ridiculous. How could he have caused a power outage later?

• 4 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Alby, you owe me a keyboard because I just spewed on mine. What kind of Jihad was the guy on? :hystery:

At the time I read the story I thought to myself that this guy couldn't catch a break. He even had the power outage later in the day blamed on him. It's always the foreigners fault of course.

"He even had the power outage later in the day blamed on him."  This part of the story is ridiculous. How could he have caused a power outage later?

Because

Based on the marks on his body, Andrews may have hit the main power line of Meralco before landing on the ground. The incident later caused a power outage in the area.

• Like 1