Wife Robbed In Hold Up

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Yesterday at around 1:00pm my asawa was robbed in a hold up while traveling in a jeepney.

She had just gone to the SSS office in cantina and was making her way home to Antipolo when 3 men stopped the jeep and pointed a gun at the driver and demanded his money. The driver put up a fight and was beaten within inches of death. The 3 men then went to the back and demanded all cell phones wallets purses and bags.

Now I glad she's ok but she lost all her monthly allowance that she picked up that morning on her way to the SSS office.

I wonder how I would react? Especially with my wife there. In the past I've been held up at knife and gun point while in Springfield MA. On both instances I defended myself, I know not the smartest thing but I'm not a small guy and I have never let anyone push me around.

Now my wife is shaken and the police gave her a ride to Antipolo where her brother picked her up. All is good she's ok just a few thousand PHP short and no cell phone.

Guess that's life in the Philippines!!

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Material things like cellular phones can be replaced. The loss of money hurts. The most important thing is your wife was not physically harmed. There could be some psychological impact. Ask an expert for advice regarding this matter.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The criminals have no respect for authority here and do whatever they want.  That does not happen so much in Davao, I hear.  Sorry to hear of the traumatizing experience.  We all hope it does not happen to us.  If it did happen to me I would consider moving to Davao.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
There could be some psychological impact.

For me, that would be the worst effect. Would you ride a jeepney again? Would you carry a weapon? Would you never return?

Lack of enforcement is the problem. No deterrents. They got around the new ban on riding tandem by riding triple.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hewy, that is good that your asawa was not harmed!

What type of area was the jeep in when it was stopped?  Rural?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The driver put up a fight and was beaten within inches of death. The 3 men then went to the back and demanded all cell phones wallets purses and bags.

Another thing that bothers me about this country is that this kind of thing is so common that it does not even make the news.  A google search of Antipolo in the news shows nothing at all.  This should be a major crime and get the public attention it deserves.

• Like 1

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Dave it should be in the news with descriptions of the bandits.

I'm not exactly sure what area of Cainta Rizal that it happened. I have not had much of a chance to talk to my wife to find out more details. I am just very happy that she was not harmed physically as we have 2 young daughters at home.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

As JJ had said. Don't ever worry about the material things. Their effect end when they are gone. The wife is ok and that's the main thing.

It's one reason why I chose Davao to live.

It's amazing how everybody here supports the mayor! He has his own kill squads that go after such things and the criminals know that! Do you hear anybody daring? Nope!

My gf the other day heard me complaining about something. She said, why don't you let Mayor Duterte know about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

As others have noted - best news is that your wife was not harmed. Sucks to lose cell phone and cash.

Was this in Metro Manila?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Pleased to hear your wife was unhamed.