Wife Robbed In Hold Up

Gator
Posted
Posted

Another thing that bothers me about this country is that this kind of thing is so common that it does not even make the news.

Quite true, but as many of us know the police suppress a lot of what happens there so as not to "alarm" their citizens and/or to hurt tourism and, to a lesser extent, not to give other criminals ideas in order to cut down on copy cat incidents. But crimes like this should be in the news to raise public awareness so they make take some simple precautions - for instance for ladies, like the OP's wife, not keeping larger amounts of cash in their purses, but instead tucking it into their bra's; or for the drivers to put the bulk of their cash into a more protected area of the cab instead of leaving it on the dash or in their pockets.

Although we may never know the reason I would not be surprised if it was motivated to facilitate the purchase of drugs. With the ever increasing usage as well availabilty of drugs like shabu and ecstasy, IMHO I think we'll be seeing a rise in both property crimes and robberies.

It's too bad that the driver was so savagely beaten, but I applaud him for standing up to those hoodlums in order to protect not only his hard earned cash but his passengers as well. As others have already stated I too am glad the OP's wife was not hurt. After beating the driver those guys were already fueled up on adrenaline (and who knows what else) and it could have turned into a very serious issue for the passengers as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

I always tell my girl to stash her cash and ATM card in the Bank of the SouthBREAST just in case she get robbed or snatched.

• Like 1