Mail Forwarding Services - Latest And Greatest

intrepid
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay,
I guess you are seeing a common theme here now.  Most are using a forwarding service from Florida.   Other good states to consider are Texas and I think South Dakota.  I have chosen ST BRENDAN'S ISLE             out of Florida near Jacksonville.  I ready have been using there services because I wanted to change my residency for tax reasons since I will be retiring next year.

Name of service:        St Brendan's Isle
Address is in which state:       FLORIDA
State income tax rate:               0%
Base monthly service rate:       $11.99
Inclusions in base rate:            PHYSICAL ADDRESS WHICH CAN BE USED FOR DRIVERS LICENSE AND RESIDENCY
Online viewing of envelopes:  (yes/no)        YES   $7.99 MONTH INCLUDES 40 ENVELOPE SCANS PER MONTH  .25 EACH OVER 40
Cost to scan contents and post online:           $.50 TO OPEN FIRST 5 PAGES ARE $.10 ADDITIONAL PAGES IN ENVLOPE ARE FREE
Forwarding options:  (company names like DHL, FEDEX, etc)    YES, I'M NOT FORWARDING INTERNATIONAL YET. check their site
Forwarding costs:                   USUALLY 6 PIECES MAIL COST ABOUT #3.60 TO MY FORWARDED US ADDRESS
Overall pros:                     VERY FRIENDLY,  CAN HAVE UP TO FIVE NAMES ON MAILBOX FOR RECEIVING,  YOU DECIDE WHEN       AND HOW OFTEN TO HAVE MAIL FORWARDED,  JUNK MAIL IS DISCARDED,  :cheersty:

Good Luck :tiphat:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You don't have to choose a business that's located in a tax-free state. The bigger ones have street addresses all over the country. The one I chose is headquartered in Oregon but offers street addresses in Fl, Tx, Ny, Ca, Ma, Il, De, etc. 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Name of service:  Traveling Mailbox

Address is in which state:   I use Dallas, Texas (which is here I am from - a determining factor).  They have numerous options

State income tax rate:  zero

Base monthly service rate:  $15

Inclusions in base rate:  It has changed since I signed up. They now say 35 scan pages a month (I get 75), 40 incoming envelopes (I get 55). Email notification of new mail, and scanned mail. Up to 3 recipients. (BTW envelope scans do not count towards monthly page scan totals).  Unlimited shredding. You can have the page scans sent automatically to your Evernote account.

Online viewing of envelopes:  (yes/no)  yes

Cost to scan contents and post online:  first 75 pages free (viewable or downloadable as pdf files)

Forwarding options:  (company names like DHL, FEDEX, etc)  Letter mail goes USPS, I have not used them for packages, so not sure.  But packages have to be sent to a North Carolina address.

Forwarding costs:  Actual postage cost plus $2.00

Overall pros: Easy to use, great interface online.  Complete control on what is forwarded and when, they store it, shred it, scan it, whatever you need.  Check deposits are easy but cost $4.95 each - I used it once and was very easy.  Fast & efficient customer service (during US business hours...)

Overall cons:  I am cheap and don't like paying $15 a month.  Customer service is only open US business hours. No real cons...

Here is what Traveling Mailbox says about check deposits:

2. Complete a Check Deposit Request by email.

Simply send an email to Support@TravelingMailbox.com with the following information:

• Your Online Mailbox Number
  • The date in which the envelope and check(s) were scanned in.
  • Provide the number of checks to be deposited and the total amount.
  • Provide your Bank Account Information: The name of your bank, your bank account number, your bank account routing number, and the name of the owner listed on the bank account.
  • Provide the address for the check(s) to be mailed to and what level of service. Levels of services include: USPS Priority Mail, USPS Express Mail, UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air or UPS 2nd Day Air.

I have used Traveling Mailbox for 2 years with a FL address. I have had mail forwarded to me using UPS twice in those two years. Service has worked great and I have never incurred any additional charges except for the 2 times I had them forward mail to me in the Philippines.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If I recall correctly you can get legal US notary at the embassy?

Yes, I think that is correct but that would be a last resort.  I avoid Manila like the plague!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Most are using a forwarding service from Florida. 

Florida is the best choice for me as I consider it my state of residency and own a house there.  

As Mike B. said, choosing a tax free state might not be critical but I consider it extra insurance.  I certainly would not choose California.  They tried to get taxes from me because my former mortgage bank in KY mailed something to me in CA.   :bash:  I don't need the extra hassle from a state that is out of control.

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Alby, how does check deposit work? For instance, if the IRS sends you a refund check, they can deposit it??

The IRS offers direct deposit on tax refunds. It's much better than waiting for a check in the mail.
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The crazy thing is I went online and changed my address for my drivers license to the mail forwarding address...  Now I have an official Texas drivers license, and voters registration, saying I live there ha ha. 

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Onmyway...

The check deposit would work like what TukaRam said. They'd mail it for you after getting bank info for $5 I think.

Mind you, I did mine online since I already had my check mail scanned and it was below $500 which is my bank limit. I used the scan picture and my bank app phone to upload it. It was fine by my bank.

Since scanning cost and a street address that can indicate US residency is important (for banks) I would check Tukarams or ST BRENDAN'S ISLE service.

One would need scanning, residency address, check deposit and forwarding services.

I did two years with USGlobalMail.com for $240 USD so I will decide later. I don't expect needing anything unless the banks start hounding me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alby, how does check deposit work? For instance, if the IRS sends you a refund check, they can deposit it??

The IRS offers direct deposit on tax refunds. It's much better than waiting for a check in the mail.

That is true, but I am currently blacklisted from electronic filing and direct deposit of refunds because I was put on a fraud watch list in 2012 because someone tried to file using my SSN.   :1 (103):   There is a time consuming way to get off the list and I will finally try to do it this year.

Off topic good news is, my sister finally got my 2012 refund check deposited for me yesterday!  I'm going to post about that story one of these days!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2