A Hospital Emergency In Dumaguete

robert k
Posted
Posted

That small clinic I overnighted in Pinamalayan, private room, double bed and my girlfriend stayed with me. In some ways the Philippines medical practice is surprisingly far advanced compared to the West! :dance:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, thanks for sharing. I know a serious medical emergency could happen unexpectedly to any of us in Philippines. When Mike had his bike wreck it got me thinking but I never took any action.

This afternoon my wife and I had a good talk. We are making a simple action plan for any medical emergency that could affect us or the children while visiting.

Maybe you could post a topic like how to plan for unexpected medical emergencies it seems you guys had things nicely covered.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

One thing to note, my gf now has a bad cold or flu.   In the hospital they give patients antibiotics which I believe are meant to counter all the bacteria than saturate the Philippine hospitals.  They give nothing to the watchers so guess who are the ones to get sick. :-(

Maybe you could post a topic like how to plan for unexpected medical emergencies it seems you guys had things nicely covered.

This seems a good idea to me so I started a thread on that here

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Dave, thanks for sharing. I know a serious medical emergency could happen unexpectedly to any of us in Philippines. When Mike had his bike wreck it got me thinking but I never took any action.

This afternoon my wife and I had a good talk. We are making a simple action plan for any medical emergency that could affect us or the children while visiting.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But remember not everything is in your control. Major Anikow was stabbed in the middle of Makati, one of the most modern and developed areas in the country, but it took an hour to get him to the ER because the responding ambulance crew thought he was already dead. He wasn't, until he died from blood loss and shock in the ER. It took over an hour to get the French tourist who was shot while waiting for the bus to Baguio across EDSA to the hospital. Wonder if they ever caught the killers, I couldn't find anything since this.

"Witnesses said the hotel, which sits at the corner of EDSA and Roxas Boulevard, has tourist police officers and the area teemed with traffic enforcers but it took at least an hour before Franz was taken to the San Juan de Dios Hospital across EDSA. He was declared dead on arrival."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/03/09/13/robbers-kill-french-tourist-precinct-chief-axed

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Take care Dave I think I would like to be admitted to that hospital .

That could be arranged  :dance:

• Like 1