Can Anyone Tell Me The Cost Of Living In Tagaytay ?

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Hi Seriously thinking of moving to Tagaytay kind of curious of the cost on a monthly basis?

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi Seriously thinking of moving to Tagaytay kind of curious of the cost on a monthly basis?

Thinking of moving to Florida, can you tell me the cost? No? Hmmm thought not.

For anyone to make a halfway decent guess you would need to provide far more information.

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

OK probably deserved that but what I am trying to find out is the cost of living there in Tagaytay such as rent electric day to day expenses. maybe a trike so the price of gas, I can manage the move I just would like to find out what i'm in for when I get there. My wife is originally from Olongapo but I don't want to live there to noisy and hot. I was told Tagaytay

has a more moderate climate. thanks for your reply

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I asked this question last Dec here - http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/17941-living-in-tagatay/?hl=tagatay

There are not many members living in that area, maybe too expensive? 

• Like 1

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

OK thanks Mike B

Checked out your link was kind of a bummer but hopefully I'll get more replys and see if any shed some recent light on the area thanks again

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Better to use the forum Search function in the upper right. Put in tagatay and you'll get many pages of hits. 

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir its my first time on any kind of forum and I'm just kind of stumbling around. Thanks again for the direction. Best Regards

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

OK probably deserved that but what I am trying to find out is the cost of living there in Tagaytay such as rent electric day to day expenses. maybe a trike so the price of gas, I can manage the move I just would like to find out what i'm in for when I get there. My wife is originally from Olongapo but I don't want to live there to noisy and hot. I was told Tagaytay

has a more moderate climate. thanks for your reply

If you are looking for a cooler climate yet less than a days travel from Olongapo then you might also take a look at Baguio. Baguio may actually take less travel time to/from Olongapo than Tagaytay.

The largest impact on your monthly costs to live are your lifestyle choices not where you choose to live. There is a very long thread on this forum about monthly living expenses.

• Like 1

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

many thanks for the info I will check it out

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We go visit tagagay about once a month, great weather, great resturants, nice views, traffic not bad (except on weekends), nice hotels and B&B's. Lots of souviner shops on the ride up. It is also the weekend get away for the middle class from Manila. IMO Tagatay falls into that category or "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". My wife has a friend who owns a second home up there, really nice, but her family owns a large business lolol. I don't know for sure but again IMO you will not find a NICE place to rent there since they are all priced for the weekend warriors that flock up there on weekends. Having said all that, with out an idea of what your looking for and what your plans are I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Its a standing joke between my wife and I that if we win the lotto we will buy a second home in Tagayatay :cheersty:

• Like 1