Can Anyone Tell Me The Cost Of Living In Tagaytay ?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

In addition to Bagio, you may want to consider Valencia not far from Dumaguete.  It is elevated so you have cooler temperatures, and there is also a large expat poplulation in Dumaguete if that is something you desire.

• Like 1

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Thanks Scott appreciate the feedback, how about surrounding areas? close by maybe?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Brother it all depends what your looking for. Own a house? Buy Land and Build? Buy a Home in a subdivision? Rent a house? rent a room? In a small town? In the sticks? In the City? Is climate the deciding factor (they do have air con here ya know :thumbsup: ) I know that Santa Maria is at the bottom of the hill from Tagayatay. You have the whole Laguna area to choose from. Just don't know what your really looking for

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Hey man didn't mean to piss you off I just have been looking through differnt Expat sites and some say its reasonable to live there you guys are say its not. I already own some land

some where else in the PI ( my wife) and its regularly underwater in rainy season. so I guess the first thing I'm looking for is to not wake up in a flood zone. Then Climate is a minor concern but it will play into the final decision. Plan on building some day or buying existing if in good shape but plan to rent for a while just to survey the area who knows Tagaytay may noyt be it but itsd where I plan to start or somewhere close by. thanks

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

oh my bad,,,not upset at all. Just trying to help the best I can

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just can idea of rentals in Tagaytay

Brand new Nine (9) unit apartments with lovely view
Unfurnished
***Studio Type Unit - w/ aircon, stove & range hood, hot shower P15,680/month exclduing utilities

***1 Bedroom Unit - w/ aircon, stove & range hood, hot shower P20,384.00/month excluding utilities

****2 bedrooms unit - w/ maid's qtr. laundry area, aircon, stove, rangehood, hot shower, 2 toilet and bath P 34,720/month excluding utilties

***3 bedrooms unit (219.62 sqm.) - w/ maid's room, laundry area, aircon in all rooms, stove and rangehood, hot shower, 3 toilet and bath. P47,040/month excluding utilities.

All units has it's own spacious veranda with nice view. ample space for parking and with security guard on duty 24/7

https://www.facebook.com/tagaytayhousesforrent

http://www.globalcityrentals.com/#!crosswinds/cjen

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

thanks everyone for the feedback I appreciate all the input I have recieved and look forward to possibly meeting some of you one day. Thanks again John

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You can live anywhere but you have to budget , all i can say is save save and save again , then you should get what you are seeking, good luck

jmvalle
Posted
Posted

Thanks stevewool I should be alright budget wise I will still be working when I make the move and for roughly ten years afterwards or less if I can swing it ,it will be less But I figure I'll be working to cushion the major outlay of cash i hope and by the time I actually retire

I hopefully will be down to just the month to month stuff plus an emergency fund. The real major pain will be liquidating our stuff here. Thanks for the reply, John