45 Alert! 45 Alert!

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

If it follows the patterns it did before, it will free fall right about now. They seem to always drop it right at the time US pensions are out. Yes, I say it is manipulation.

• Like 1

alsuave
Posted
Posted

The USD is strong against all the major currencies at the moment. That's just the market at work. It's called supply and demand. The PHP is only worth what the market is willing to pay for it. Central banks can use certain tools, like interest rates, to affect the price of its currency. But even then, the exchange rate is a slave to market sentiment, news events, and the strength of the economy. Hardly manipulation.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

The USD is strong against all the major currencies at the moment. That's just the market at work. It's called supply and demand. The PHP is only worth what the market is willing to pay for it. Central banks can use certain tools, like interest rates, to affect the price of its currency. But even then, the exchange rate is a slave to market sentiment, news events, and the strength of the economy. Hardly manipulation.

When Central Banks sell there own currency down without informing the markets, I would call that manipulation i.e. the New Zealand Central Bank is not happy with how high the NZ $ is lately, so has been selling the currency down, most traders are not privy to this information.

On these wild swings that occur, the market makers will have stops set to take advantage of these swings and probably are causing  them, they trade on point or pips, so if a dollar moves $1 that's a hundred pips, not bad if you are leveraged and have billions of dollars on the trade. It's just a game to the money men, expensive but a game.

You only have to read the english newspapers to see how the big investment houses manipulated their own interest rates, only thing they did wrong was got caught out.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
When Central Banks sell there own currency down without informing the markets, I would call that manipulation i.e.

But if you tell the markets, wouldn't that be Insider Information?  You are telling the people who have control of the markets what to do with their money.  And those who have the most money involved are going to be the ones who that info is passed to first - and thus make more money than anyone else.  

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

When Central Banks sell there own currency down without informing the markets, I would call that manipulation i.e.

But if you tell the markets, wouldn't that be Insider Information?  You are telling the people who have control of the markets what to do with their money.  And those who have the most money involved are going to be the ones who that info is passed to first - and thus make more money than anyone else.  

Any information that effects the price should be declared to all the market, not just a few, that is insider information.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

But if you tell the markets, wouldn't that be Insider Information? You are telling the people who have control of the markets what to do with their money. And those who have the most money involved are going to be the ones who that info is passed to first - and thus make more money than anyone else.

Any information that effects the price should be declared to all the market, not just a few, that is insider information.

Yup! And I thought about how dumb an answer I wrote right after I walked away from the keyboard. I almost deleted it but that's not fair to keep others from seeing how dumb I can be sometimes... I did train as a Financial Advisor... :)

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Well,.. you guys just saved me some money!  I was going to sign up for an economics class at the local college but now I don't have too.  I probably learned more here than I would have during the whole semester. :tiphat:

Now let me go invest.  Was that buy high and sell low or buy low and sell high when the market is up or down.  :1 (103):  Maybe I should wait until you guys give out our diplomas.  In the meantime I'll continue reading and learning.

What a great forum :thumbsup:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well,.. you guys just saved me some money!  I was going to sign up for an economics class at the local college but now I don't have too.  I probably learned more here than I would have during the whole semester. :tiphat:

Now let me go invest.  Was that buy high and sell low or buy low and sell high when the market is up or down.  :1 (103):  Maybe I should wait until you guys give out our diplomas.  In the meantime I'll continue reading and learning.

What a great forum :thumbsup:

Well you can do it both ways, buy low (go long) and sell high = profit, :dance:  or buy high (go short) and sell low = profit, :dance:  the problem is getting it right.

To do this just turn your trading chart upside down :lol:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
To do this just turn your trading chart upside down

You guys get charts?  We never got charts!  I want a chart!!!

:mocking:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

To do this just turn your trading chart upside down

You guys get charts?  We never got charts!  I want a chart!!!

:mocking:

Yeah they gave us charts, useless they are, I just get my dart board out :thumbsup: seems the most productive way to trade

• Like 2