45 Alert! 45 Alert!

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Yeah they gave us charts, useless they are, I just get my dart board out :thumbsup: seems the most productive way to trade

Maybe I'll try the dart board.  I'm tired of licking my finger and holding it up.  Winter is coming and it always seems to get cold for some reason. :hystery:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Yeah they gave us charts, useless they are, I just get my dart board out :thumbsup: seems the most productive way to trade

Maybe I'll try the dart board.  I'm tired of licking my finger and holding it up.  Winter is coming and it always seems to get cold for some reason. :hystery:

That's why it's more fun in the P.I. hardly ever gets cold and when it does there is always a certain young lady to keep me warm and sometimes there are more important things than the dart board. :999:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sarcasm won't help in deciding when to exchange US dollars to Philippine pesos. 

I have not kept up with the latest, but the old policy is Bangko Sentrale ng Pilipinas will not intervene so long as the currency is within the PHP40 to PHP45 range. The value may temporarily go outside 40 ~ 45, but eventually the BSP will step in. This has to do with maintaining a stable currency.

Global central banks consult with each under the auspices of the Bank for International Settlement in Switzerland. The BIS is also known as, "the central bank of central banks."

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Sarcasm won't help in deciding when to exchange US dollars to Philippine pesos. 

I have not kept up with the latest, but the old policy is Bangko Sentrale ng Pilipinas will not intervene so long as the currency is within the PHP40 to PHP45 range. The value may temporarily go outside 40 ~ 45, but eventually the BSP will step in. This has to do with maintaining a stable currency.

Well if you didn't laugh, you would cry :morning1:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Well if you didn't laugh, you would cry

Hear! Hear!

Didn't laugh. Instead, I started crying all the way to the bank. 

In all seriousness, everyone should be happy they are getting a good exchange rate at the present time. 

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well,.. you guys just saved me some money!  I was going to sign up for an economics class at the local college but now I don't have too.  I probably learned more here than I would have during the whole semester. :tiphat:

Now let me go invest.  Was that buy high and sell low or buy low and sell high when the market is up or down.  :1 (103):  Maybe I should wait until you guys give out our diplomas.  In the meantime I'll continue reading and learning.

What a great forum :thumbsup:

That's a big 10-4.......I am more ed-ju-mo-cated than ever.  However, there is one more thing that sounds logical and

possibly get more ROI.  There must have been (not necessary in money markets) some cases where you can buy low

and sell low??  Just to create a spike in activities......he, he.  

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well if you didn't laugh, you would cry

Hear! Hear!

Didn't laugh. Instead, I started crying all the way to the bank. 

In all seriousness, everyone should be happy they are getting a good exchange rate at the present time. 

Well it's ok if you have US $, us poor aussie's are watching our dollar/peso ratio go the other way dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwn, hey but that's life :tiphat:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Bloomberg reports that the peso exchange rate reversed on rumors that Bangko Sentral is prepared to intervene.  No intervention has taken place, but forex dealers know the warning signs.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Except for 1 maybe 2 times in 7 years, it always free falls right at the end of month to beginning of next month. BSP doesn't want to give out more pesos then it has to. This time slot is when most US pensioners get their money and exchange it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Back over 45 again.  45.09 on XE.com, mid-market rate.

• Like 1