New Motorcycle Registration - Does It Take Forever?

PeterKramer
Posted
Posted

I bought a new motorcycle on September 10th, and I have been buying conduction permits every week. No one seems to be able to give me a straight answer as to how I can get a permanent registration and plate in a timely and efficient manner. Or is that a miracle that I'm asking for?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Took 3 months for me when I last got one.  This is Philippines.  Just wait a while.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Peter, it's a miracle, yes.

What? Can't you see how everybody is driving with "For Registration" license? :)

They have to melt the metal first, type it, paint it THEN give you a call ... If you are lucky :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

It can take a long time up to a year some places . The problem being the dealer takes 50 or more bikes and the distributor will not provide the paper work for any of them until they are all payed for .  Once the dealer has the papers around 3 months is normal most dealers will pay for the permits if you know that in advance

brock
Posted
Posted

Expect a long wait

barryneves
Posted
Posted

My last two bikes: Motorstar 155-X took 5 months for issue of temporary plate and 20 months before actual reg plate was issued. (Motorstar Carcar).

Kawasaki versys 650: 4 months for temp plate - 1 year and still waiting for actual reg plate - no estimated date available as yet. (GudMoto Mambaling - Ceby City).

Be prepared for a long haul - the system is a mess! 

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I bought 1 motorcycle last year and one this past April, both in cebu took 6 months to get registration for the first one and 3 months for the second.

• 5 weeks later...
Gator
Posted
Posted

I hit 6-7 different dealers in Metro Cebu City and they all told me basically the same thing; for a 2K fee I could get a temp tag in about week or two (one said up to a month). I was also told the "For Registration" tags were only good for you drive the bike home and that's it. Then you're not supposed to drive your brand new bike until you have the temp number issued, however I do see many locals driving around with the "For Registration" tags. Maybe the locals can get away with it, but I wasn't willing to risk it.

Instead I wound up buying an almost new repo'd bike (2013 Racal 150GY-X with 2K km) that already had the temp tag. The dealer told me the current waiting period for the perm tag is about 3-4 months. Have to wait n see about that.

robert k
Posted
Posted

When l buy a motorcycle again, l will buy a low milage one with plates. I'm not interested in playing the temp registration / conduction permit game.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know if they have catched up the EXTRA delay yet.  They are/have been far behind, because number plates are changed, so them WITH old plates need new ones too.  (That's for cars. I suppouse it's for bikes too.)