New Motorcycle Registration - Does It Take Forever?

Americano
Posted
Posted

The recent announcement said that LTO 7 has the new plates for all vehicles and motorcycles with temporary plates. My wife just verified this with LTO in Carcar a few days ago.  I believe Toledo City is also in the LTO 7 area.

In March 2011, I purchased a new Yamaha motorcycle in Carcar City.  The dealer put a (For  Registration) license plate on it and I rode it for 2 or 3 months until LTO finally issued the permanent license plate with numbers on it. No one every said it wasn't legal to ride it while waiting for the permanent license plate and no one said I needed a Conduction Permit. I never heard of a Conduction Permit until I read it on this forum.  I did everything that the LTO told me so if I broke any laws I didn't know it.  My experience has been in Carcar so your experience may be different where you live.

• 3 weeks later...
Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

I bought a new Moto in October and received my temp license plate and permission letter to use the plate along with the or and cr after 10 days and an extra 500 pesos to expedite the process.

I would not have bought a new bike if I had to wait months to be able to drive it legally. That would be torture to me.

tiger31
Posted
Posted

mine took 18 months yes 18 months I got the registration papers on the day I paid the last installment of the bike .no matter how much you complain here it means nothing to them its the philippine way of doing things .

• 5 months later...
calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

I bought a motorcycle one month ago and was told " one month"

But hasn't come yet. I asked two days ago and was told.." one month" again haha

• Like 1