Arp - New Bi Regulation

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I found some new information on ARP that answers a lot of questions that were asked in the other thread started by Mike S.  I thought I would start a fresh thread now that things are shaking out.

Americano posted this document from the BI Facebook page:

post-1784-0-01982500-1412732813_thumb.jp

and in the Facebook comments, people were asking the same questions.  Someone asked about Balikbayan, and they were referred to this new document:

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/Issuances/2014/Sept/OOSBM%202014-043.pdf

Some quotes:

All RA 562 registered aliens due to a visa conversion shall be exempt from personal appearance and shall be automatically issued a system-generated SSRN via the ARP system, which shall appear in the new ACR I-Card design.

ACR I-Card Registered aliens (except Tourists) are exempt from personal appearance and considered automatically-registered under ARP.

And most importantly, Annex A is the Exemptions!  

ANNEX A
A. SPECIAL IMMIGRANTS (PERMANENT)
1. Republic Act No. 7837 US War Veteran
B. NON-IMMIGRANTS (TEMPORARY)
1. Section 9(a) Temporary Visitors and Executive Order No. 408 with stay less than 59 days
2. Section 9(e) Foreign Government Official/Diplomat
3. Balikbayan
C. SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANTS
1. Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV)
a. E.O. 63
b. E.O 1037
2. Special Retirees Resident Visa (SRRV)
3. Republic Act No. 8756
4. Executive Order No. 226 – Omnibus Investment Code
5. Section 47(a)(2) Exempt
6. Section 47(b)
7. P.D. 1034 Offshore Banking Units
8. Ecozone Visas:
a. Authority of Freeport Area of Bataan Working Visa
b. Authority of Freeport Area of Bataan Investor’s Visa
c. Authority of Freeport Area of Bataan Dependents Visa
d. Special Subic Clark Investor Visa (R.A. 7227)
e. Special Subic Clark Working Visa (R.A. 7227)
f. Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (R.A. 7922)
g. Philippine Economic Zone Authority
h. Zamboanga City Economic Zone Act of 1995 (R.A. 7903)
i. Aurora Pacific Ecozone
  • Like 4

Alby
Posted
Posted

I did the ARP just yesterday and it's exactly the same form as the usual one.

I have no clue if it's value but it only cost me an extra ~ 1000 P, picture and finger prints ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay,

Thanks for the update and information.

But my thick skull and fogged brain is still not clear. 

If entering the PI on Balikbayan and leaving once a year to stay long term, am I exempt from ARP?  All I'll need is an ACR I card?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay,

If entering the PI on Balikbayan and leaving once a year to stay long term, am I exempt from ARP?  All I'll need is an ACR I card?

I believe that you do not even need to get an ACR I card.  Jon1 asked yesterday and I think he was told that there is zilch required afterward when you enter on a BB stamp.  With a BB stamp, you are not applying for a visa so you never even have to go to BI.  So in theory, you could exit the country with your wife before your year is up, and return to get another BB stamp and start the clock over.  Absolutely no costs and no forms and no visits to BI.

Until they change the rules.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay,

I believe that you do not even need to get an ACR I card.  Jon1 asked yesterday and I think he was told that there is zilch required afterward when you enter on a BB stamp.  With a BB stamp, you are not applying for a visa so you never even have to go to BI.  So in theory, you could exit the country with your wife before your year is up, and return to get another BB stamp and start the clock over.  Absolutely no costs and no forms and no visits to BI.

Well, I think that may be correct, Thanks.   But I thought I still needed the ACR I card for use with other things, such as driver's license and the like,  but not sure of that either.  I'll have to do some more research I guess.

Jake
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay,

Well, I think that may be correct, Thanks.   But I thought I still needed the ACR I card for use with other things, such as driver's license and the like,  but not sure of that either.  I'll have to do some more research I guess.

As usual, rules and regulations can be different and differently enforced depending on which BI office you go to and sometimes,

how deep is your pocket.  I'm thoroughly confused as well.......

Es mo pun........

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Intrepid, the only place that will most likely require an ACR I Card is when you want to open a bank account. You only need your current home country Driver's license to get a PI Driver's license.

I was able to help a german friend of mine open his account without one. I went with him to my bank and talked to the Bank Manager. They wanted his ACR I Card, I told them that he just arrived and it would take several months before he could get one. I also asked if it would be ok if he brought a copy of it in once he got it? After a few minutes they said it was OK. I am sure that the fact that he had 2500Euros had nothing to do with the quick approval.   :cheersty:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Intrepid, the only place that will most likely require an ACR I Card is when you want to open a bank account.

Yes, that's it.  The bank account.  I knew it was something I would need it for.  Since I will be living there until...?  I was planning on getting ACR I card anyway.  I'm sure we will have at least one bank account so might as well make it easy on myself.  I'm just glad I will not have to deal with BI.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Just yesterday, I went to a PLDT office to get Internet connection. The second they looked at my ACR-I card and saw Tourist stamped on it they said No! I have to be either a resident or a Filipino to apply.

I said, but this is how I stay and others start for years? They said no cigar!

So I think it's crap shoot and depends on how the officer interprets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did ARP today at Intramuros, the main office.  I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but they did not charge me anything!  Took a digital pic, fingerprints, and she typed all my information into the computer.  Then she signed off the bottom of my form, the "Certification", gave it back to me and said I was done.  I thought that they might charge for it during the extension process, but they just glanced at it and gave it back.

Should I have asked  "I thought I had to pay some money?"   :bash: