Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

U.S. Embassy, Manila, The Philippines

Message for U.S. Citizens:  New Bureau of Immigration Policy

October 10, 2014

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.

New Bureau of Immigration (BI) Policy Requiring Registration of All Foreigners

The US Embassy wishes to alert US citizens in the Philippines about a new program for the registration of most foreigners in the Philippines that was recently announced by the Bureau of Immigration (BI).  The Philippine Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Bureau of Immigration (BI) have launched the new registration system called the “Alien Registration Program (ARP)” which intends to update and document all foreigners in the Philippines.  The registration involves capturing finger print biometrics and digital photos for automatic facial recognition of foreign registrants.

The new program was launched on October 1, 2014 and runs through September 30, 2015.  According to BI, most foreigners are required to participate in the ARP, and those who do not register run the risk of accumulating fines of 200 pesos per month.  Based on the BI web site, the following individuals are exempted from participation in the ARP:

·         Holders of a valid ACR-I card (except tourist ACR-I cards)

·         Tourists whose stay does not exceed 59 days

·         Other aliens who are exempted from registration pursuant to law

All foreigners who register under the ARP will be issued a permanent Special Security Registration (SSR) number which will be imprinted on an ACR-I card with a micro-chip. This SSR number will be the permanent identification number of the foreigner, and the issued card will be the basis for the foreigner to transact any business with the BI.

For a complete description of the program, including exceptions to registration, benefits of the program, locations where registration may be accomplished, and other details related to the program, please visit the Bureau of Immigration web site, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/.

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If the DOJ does get this info look for the US to request a copy of ALL US citizens based here in the Phils .... talk about a coup for the IRS or any other government agency that wants this info ..... now big brother can really look up your arse ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

OK guys, help a brother out. I read the article, went to the home page, downloaded the form. But what I can't get a concrete answer about is----Does this take the place of the ACR card? Will go to inturmuros soon anyway, my 6 months residency is up but now with this thing lololol.

So,,,,,,,I am currently on a balikbayan visa do we disregard all the requirements for the ACR? Just fill out the form, show up and WHAMO,,,residency?? Cant be that simple :1 (103):

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

OK guys, help a brother out. I read the article, went to the home page, downloaded the form. But what I can't get a concrete answer about is----Does this take the place of the ACR card? Will go to inturmuros soon anyway, my 6 months residency is up but now with this thing lololol.

So,,,,,,,I am currently on a balikbayan visa do we disregard all the requirements for the ACR? Just fill out the form, show up and WHAMO,,,residency?? Cant be that simple :1 (103):

No, Scott, it is not like that.  It has nothing do do with residency.  The ARP is mainly trying to gather data on two groups of people:  People on tourist visas staying over 59 days (like me) and people who are not registered at all, for various reasons.  I doubt that it is going to work for that second group.

If you are on a Balikbayan, you do not get an ACR card and you do not have to do the ARP.  See Jon1s recent post on this.  Also, I posted another document that states all the exemptions including balikbayan and ACR card holders who are not tourists.  Look at the first post in this thread.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did ARP today at Intramuros, the main office.  I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but they did not charge me anything!  Took a digital pic, fingerprints, and she typed all my information into the computer.  Then she signed off the bottom of my form, the "Certification", gave it back to me and said I was done.  I thought that they might charge for it during the extension process, but they just glanced at it and gave it back.

Should I have asked  "I thought I had to pay some money?"   :bash:

I reread one of the documents I posted and now I understand why I was not charged.

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/Issuances/2014/Sept/OOSBM%202014-043.pdf

Tourist B-2 Paraphrased:  If you have a valid ACR card and have stayed over 59 days, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW ACR CARD WITH THE SSRN encoded.

Registered Aliens A-1 paraphrased:  If you have a valid ACR card you are not required to get a new one with the SSRN encoded.  If you want one voluntarily, it is $20 plus p500 express lane fee.

There are no "base" ARP charges.  So, ARP is not another scheme to generate money, as many suggested in another thread.  If you are a registered tourist there are no charges.

As I read it, the people who will have to pay due to ARP are those who have never registered or have somehow let their ACR cards lapse, which should not normally happen.  I still don't see how they are going to get the "unregistered" to come in.

Alby
Posted
Posted

What if the BI asks you to pay or else? I bet you are going to tell it's not legal and you will not pay!

It's a crap shoot when it comes to what's legal and what's not, dude :)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

What if the BI asks you to pay or else? I bet you are going to tell it's not legal and you will not pay!

I never question what the BI charges me.  I'm at their mercy so I am always going to smile and say thank you!   :)  Some people might challenge them.  Not me.  I don't want to be on a BI employee's S**t list!

However I do track all the different fees in a spreadsheet to compare my extensions.  So far, they appear to be consistent.  Do I understand all the fees?  No.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Why would you even ask such a question? No, never mind...

Alby
Posted
Posted

I just pay and won't argue. Here is my receipt and proof! I don't even know what I had paid for ;) oh ... Express Lane fee :)

a47e7f38f5153fabe19ae948f4039ff5.jpg

2df2056cc22f3729b82ece4d6b67873a.jpg