A Long Watch

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

K is in the film business. There is no possible way that she would tolerate anyone making a film about her. Of course, she isn't 17, but I must say I am surprised that Girlie and her parents tolerated the intrusion.

Jake
Posted
Posted

This doc made the rounds of some forums I am on some months back, so it's a bit old news to me.

My main takeaway is to take my kids' cameras away from them :)

My main takeaway is to take my kids' cameras away from them

Triple LIKE Davewe!  I've been known to break some rules as an old billy goat, unwilling to learn from my mistakes.....he, he.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Some one spent a fair amount of cash thinking she would make more and or get her name on all the womans web pages. Granddad got what he wanted. The girl and her family got took care of.

The daughter played and lost maybe there is a little justice in the world. I think it was about the money all along.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I really wonder if the whole thing is scripted ?

Maybe so, she may have known or suspected the girl was underage all along and that was the reason she spent considerable time and money going all the way to the other side of the world to make the film. I watched an interview with Ms. Butler and her business partner who was along for the filming but kept off-camera and never mentioned. It’s obvious they’re trying to sell this thing. But by releasing it she exposed her own father to serious charges not only in the Philippines but also Canada. She made a big deal about the Philippine government being against the relationship but all that happened was Immigration refused to let the 17 year old exit the country because she was a minor and her “traveling companion” wasn’t exactly a suitable guardian. Unclear how she got out for the 1st trip. The bit at the end where she takes her kids to the park to portray them as a wholesome family was revolting. I guess she can live with herself.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Maybe I missed something but toward the end of the documentary why was Bali the choice for where they would meet up? If Girly could not go there, then why was the daughter not informed ahead of time to make alternative plans where to meet? Like-in the Philippines somewhere?? 

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Maybe I missed something but toward the end of the documentary why was Bali the choice for where they would meet up? If Girly could not go there, then why was the daughter not informed ahead of time to make alternative plans where to meet? Like-in the Philippines somewhere?? 

The filmmaker said they wanted to meet on "neutral ground" and since Dale and Girlie had not had a honeymoon they chose Bali. I don't think they were married at that point, or are currently, not sure about that. The daughter wasn't informed ahead of time because they all came at the same time and Girlie was denied exit by Philippines Immigration. He was also probably upset and embarrassed by that. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My Gawd but that has to be the most disgusting attempt of someone claiming to make a documentary I have ever seen!  Spewing out her western puritanical bias without even trying to understand the eastern culture.  Sure, maybe the age difference for many of us was not comfortable but it was not our call to make.  All this woman did was drive her father away by her ignorance and ire.  What a shame for everybody else that she hurt along the way...

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

My Gawd but that has to be the most disgusting attempt of someone claiming to make a documentary I have ever seen!  Spewing out her western puritanical bias without even trying to understand the eastern culture.  Sure, maybe the age difference for many of us was not comfortable but it was not our call to make.  All this woman did was drive her father away by her ignorance and ire.  What a shame for everybody else that she hurt along the way...

OK.....That's it!  I'm staying away from Canadian women (with expensive cameras)......he, he.

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:bash: Hmmmmmm for someone to be 50 years older someone else needs to be very young.  Jakeare they not called trophy wives in California? :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

:bash: Hmmmmmm for someone to be 50 years older someone else needs to be very young.  Jakeare they not called trophy wives in California? :thumbsup:

Not sure about a 50 year difference but if it was 60 years then they are called Playmates:

Age is just a number! Hugh Hefner, 87, and Crystal Harris, 27, display their love with a tender kiss as the blonde Playmate reveals her make-up free face

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Like 3