A Long Watch

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
all that happened was Immigration refused to let the 17 year old exit the country because she was a minor and her “traveling companion” wasn’t exactly a suitable guardian. Unclear how she got out for the 1st trip.

I think that she was allowed out on the first trip because her father was with her for the trip to HK and I doubt if they had gone through the CFO counselling session, i.e. the airport Immigration staff were unaware that a marriage was planned.

On the second occasion, as a minor travelling abroad with a foreigner, she would have been stopped for sure.

No big mystery here, and the film maker makes more of it than is warranted.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Not sure about a 50 year difference but if it was 60 years then they are called Playmates

Closer to the latter. 73 - 17 = 56

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

:bash: Hmmmmmm for someone to be 50 years older someone else needs to be very young.  Jake are they not called trophy wives in California? :thumbsup:

Yes indeed!  They also come with investment packages to include trophy alimonies and child support......he, he. 

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

:bash: Hmmmmmm for someone to be 50 years older someone else needs to be very young.  Jakeare they not called trophy wives in California? :thumbsup:

Not sure about a 50 year difference but if it was 60 years then they are called Playmates:

Age is just a number! Hugh Hefner, 87, and Crystal Harris, 27, display their love with a tender kiss as the blonde Playmate reveals her make-up free face

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Can you imagine blowing your fuse but with an eternal smile to show St Peter......he, he.

post-686-0-80449400-1412947149_thumb.jpg

Perhaps Crystal Harris was Canadian?  (just to be relevant to the OP.....he, he) 

Edited by Jake
vision check
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Can you imagine blowing your fuse but with an eternal smile to show St Peter......he, he.   Perhaps Crystal Harris was Canadian?  (just be be relevant to the OP.....he, he)  You like this Unlike  
Perhaps Crystal Harris was Canadian?  (just be be relevant to the OP.....he, he) 

Her parents are... British!  :lol: 

(oh, and yes I can... known as "doing a Rockefeller" I believe? :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Can you imagine blowing your fuse but with an eternal smile to show St Peter......he, he.   Perhaps Crystal Harris was Canadian?  (just be be relevant to the OP.....he, he)  You like this Unlike  

Perhaps Crystal Harris was Canadian?  (just be be relevant to the OP.....he, he) 

Her parents are... British!  :lol: 

(oh, and yes I can... known as "doing a Rockefeller" I believe? :thumbsup:  

Right oh!  Gotta love them blond Brits, especially with G strings on White Beach, Puerto Galera.....he, he.  

Tally ho.......

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for a reasonable debate with respect shown all around  ... Nice to see a forum with the class many here forward in their  posts .

Alas time to explore other venues in life .. 

Thanks for the company  ..Cebu still Rocks

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for a very perceptive posting. I was rather hoping you would comment on this thread.

I think you are quite right.

I must say that, for myself, a divorced man who raised his children who have now "flown the nest", I do really like the feeling of being made welcome by my Filipino inlaws and treated as part of the family. It is nice to feel useful.

Good point about the daughter. 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Human nature and the raw reality of what makes us still something worthwhile to ourselves is indeed as you said UnCheckedOther at the core of most everyone. His outlet did not meet the standards of his daughter and he felt her approval was secondary to what he felt made his life worth living. I wonder if there really are any victims here given the alternatives for the both of them.

• Like 2