Are Online Filipinas Different?

palu
Posted
Posted

Are the woman online different than their non dating site sisters? I wonder if moving to the Philippines I will find a different type of female.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Well; yes.

The sort of Filipina who uses an on line dating site in English is looking to meet and perhaps marry a foreigner. This carries the implication that they may be willing to settle in a foreign country.

Most Filipinas are not looking to meet or marry a foreigner, and want to stay at home.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it depends, first make sure they have a web cam so you can see them , you dont know these days who you are talking too :lol: :lol: 

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

From what I have experienced the variety of women both in the Philippines-as any country is vast as far as what they are looking for and what their intentions might be. The one common denominator in both is that once you go off line (assuming you are getting serious with one) is that behind the scenes when you are not on cam or with her-there's lots of talk about you-LOTS. Some of it involves coaching her as to the strategy of how best to approach you (and in many cases your money), so be ready for certain subtle changes from one conversation to the next. 

Sometimes it's not strategy but an honest attempt to build a relationship but it's up to you to discern which is which. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Are the woman online different than their non dating site sisters?

Yes.  Yes.  100 times yes (IMHO)

Many of the online ones are making a business of fishing for foreigners to send money and they are subtle and good at it.  Others have tried dating foreigners countless times and have gone on line to improve their odds.  Others are just not a good enough catch to get a foreigner who already lives here.  Some are already dating someone here and just looking to see if they can catch a bigger fish on line.

Bottom line is:  If they are prime catches then they are already snatched up by foreigners living here before they ever make it to any serious on line dating sites.  But again, that's just my opinion  :tiphat:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I met my wife online and most days I am extremely happy with her. other days well best I don`t go there!

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are sure to be a lot of success stories from people who found their sweetheart on line.  I know of many where I knew the girl before she went on line to find her sweetheart.  But those relationships still seem to be working for the people involved.

So lets look at this from another perspective:

To the gents who live in Philippines:  Look around you at the girls you know here.  Think of the top 10% that would be a good catch for a foreign man.  Think of the ones who are serious about finding a good man and not just casting a net until they find the biggest fish.  Now of those girls, how many are seriously looking on line for their sweetheart?

For me:  Most of the girls I know go on line to the dating sites.  But the ones I know who seem like good catches and who are not 'playing the field' usually find their mate through real life contacts.  There is no need or desire for them to strike up a long distance romance.

I am thinking of one who I thought would be a good catch and chose the Internet over real life contacts.  She said she wanted a 'virgin to the Philippines' who would spend more money than someone who lived here and 'knew filipinas'.  Bottom line is she found who she wanted after a half dozen trial and error on line contacts (I mean where they meet up and she puts out then judges how he acts then dumps him or he says thanks but now I've had the goods I'm outta here).  Both she and her new BF seem happy but he will definitely not be able to keep her and live here on $1.000 a month.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Dave you are right , i am thinking show me a woman and her BF or husband and anyone with more money that shows interest will possibly steal that girl. While i was there some of my wifes friends now ex friends who had bf and husbands hit on me. it was because my wife; made the mistake of talking about our travels and hotels we stayed at then they knew i had money. Now she has a few less friends and doesnt talk so much about our adventures, only to her family now.

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

In my expensive, whoops I mean extensive, experience with pinays; there are golddiggers online and offline. There are very sincere girls both online and offline. And you know what? There are scam artists offline and online too!

I'm currently involved with a girl who has spent as much on me as I have on her, relative to her wages and my income. Actually if it's relative, then she's spent a lot more. I'm very frugal. I would not stay with a girl who had a big bad effect on my wallet, and yet I still have many good female friends who I've met from dateinasia. However they do tend to be from lower classes. You are less likely meet a girl who is highly educated with a highly educated family on dia.

Good luck! I believe there is still plenty of marriage material there, but don't take the first one you meet. And don't take one raised in Cebu city.

Also don't pick girls from the online now list. Type in the names of at least 30 small towns and find the girls that log in less.

Edited by sandwichmaker
  • Like 1

palu
Posted
Posted

The reason why I asked is because I've had nothing but horrible experiences with online dating services. I planed a move to the Philippines in several years and looking for encouragement that local girls  are not like their online sisters.