English Pounds

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link.  Just curious as its RBM stuck with the pounds.  The site says:  " Banknotes of this type can be exchanged either by post or in person."  Now I wonder which post office or courier service will allow sending cash through the mail.  :1 (103):

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a system for exchaning notes after the date. See here:

:thumbsup:  Great minds think alike. Between the 2 links, RBM should be able to get sorted. :)

JP :tiphat:

:thumbsup: Snap! I THINK that a UK clearing bank (of which HSBC is the only one now in the Philippines, LLoyds Natwest and Barclays having given up and gone home) will always be able to exchange notes with the Bank of England and should be able to do it for an overseas customer, although they may need time; my advice would be don't take "no" for an answer., 

Edited by Methersgate

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted A minute ago Thanks for the link.  Just curious as its RBM stuck with the pounds.  The site says:  " Banknotes of this type can be exchanged either by post or in person."  Now I wonder which post office or courier service will allow sending cash through the mail. 

Great Point. Maybe a mail to the BOE would be a good idea, they may have some ideas.

For me, sending this amount by Post or Courier would give me Nightmares.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

do you know or TRUST another PERSON who could do a exchange for you?

if he is going back to the UK he could take them . giving you either newer POUND notes or pesos

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  I wonder how long the Queue would be. post-2148-0-00196800-1414990457_thumb.jp

Sorry folks I could not resist. :no:  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  I wonder how long the Queue would be. attachicon.gifQueue.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys for all the advice given. Unfortunately unable to open links as on holiday and the hotel internet sucks...

Anyway before flying to Davao yesterday went to HSBC and spoke with manager. No way, even for a client no way. Asked if he could courier to the BOE at my expense, again no way.

Currently trying to find out if my bank in NZ where I purchased them will help, trying to call them is hopeless, reminds of somewhere else....

Looks like waiting for a trusty person with time traveling to the UK, have maybe a guy in mind, friend of a friend.

Well there useless in the safety box so a risk is worth while.

Thanks again guys.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  I wonder how long the Queue would be. attachicon.gifQueue.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys for all the advice given. Unfortunately unable to open links as on holiday and the hotel internet sucks...

Anyway before flying to Davao yesterday went to HSBC and spoke with manager. No way, even for a client no way. Asked if he could courier to the BOE at my expense, again no way.

Currently trying to find out if my bank in NZ where I purchased them will help, trying to call them is hopeless, reminds of somewhere else....

Looks like waiting for a trusty person with time traveling to the UK, have maybe a guy in mind, friend of a friend.

Well there useless in the safety box so a risk is worth while.

Thanks again guys.

FWIW I live in the UK and am in London a couple of days a week.

You don't know me from Adam, of course, Anyway I am sending you a PM

• Like 1