Arriving In Cebu Next Week. 11Th November. Need Apartment For 3 Month Stay

RBM
Posted
Posted

@Gator

Great post. Thanks. I'll check them out.

Maybe worth checking Woodcrest Condos in Guadalupe. Not on line, just go there and tell guards you wish to check the notice board.. I was paying P15k a month and know of some studios going for P10k. There was a large construction next door, finished now but nice views gone hence reduced asking prices. Don't for get negotiate it's normal here.

• Like 2

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

@Gator

Great post. Thanks. I'll check them out.

Maybe worth checking Woodcrest Condos in Guadalupe. Not on line, just go there and tell guards you wish to check the notice board.. I was paying P15k a month and know of some studios going for P10k. There was a large construction next door, finished now but nice views gone hence reduced asking prices. Don't for get negotiate it's normal here.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was paying P15k a month and know of some studios going for P10k.

Is that for furnished? I noticed online prices were about P20000 for studio or P30000 upward for 2 bedroom.  http://www.lamudi.com.ph/central-visayas/cebu/cebu-1/condominium/rent/

RBM
Posted
Posted

I was paying P15k a month and know of some studios going for P10k.

Is that for furnished? I noticed online prices were about P20000 for studio or P30000 upward for 2 bedroom.  http://www.lamudi.com.ph/central-visayas/cebu/cebu-1/condominium/rent/

As I said the trick is to go there, forget on line. All the units I had, plus friends were unfurnished. Its really not so much to buy basic furniture. A German aid organization built quite a high building seemingly within touching distance of Woodcrest on the west side, unit rentals here really dropped, as did privacy. Not sure right now as I left there around a year ago but suspect nothing has changed.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

I stopped in at the Woodcrest and there are several units posted on the board that are available, but I didn't bother to add that info to my report as all of the ones I contacted preferred a one year lease. Plus the OP mentioned that he would prefer a location "close to the nightlife or at least close to transportation to nightlife". Though it's nice there, Woodcrest really offers neither.

Incidentally, I inquired about 6 or 7 places there. I was quoted 21 and 25K respectively for fully furnished 1BR's (+ utilities); the studio I inquired about was actually unfurnished (many advertisers here consider the addition of a table, hanging cabinet and a small refrigerator as "furnished", lol); and I never got a reply from any of the others (also common here).

• Like 1

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

I'm actually thinking of renting in the strawberry residence's now. Its a little more than p25k but it might be OK. Does anyone know of better value than this on a monthly basis.

Gator
Posted
Posted

I'm actually thinking of renting in the strawberry residence's now. Its a little more than p25k but it might be OK. Does anyone know of better value than this on a monthly basis.

You'll have to be the judge about the value, but in the same price range are two more places that I know of that you may want to have a look at once you arrive - Santoni's and The Welcome Hotel. Santoni's is also in Mabalo (a block or so away from Strawberry); no pool and all rooms non-smoking; despite what their website says they will rent month to month; I was quoted 28K for a 1BR (+ utilities). Welcome Hotel is a stones throw away from Ayala, they have some studio suites with small kitchenettes. I must have deleted the email I got from them as I can't find it, but if I recall correctly back in August I was quoted about 26 - 30K per month.

http://www.santonisplace.com/

http://wellcomehotel.com/

I looked at Santoni's last spring as I was looking to get of Tancor, it's clean and furnished quite nicely. I never looked at the rooms at the Welcome Hotel as they were over my budget for this trip.

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

You'll have to be the judge about the value, but in the same price range are two more places that I know of that you may want to have a look at once you arrive - Santoni's and The Welcome Hotel. Santoni's is also in Mabalo (a block or so away from Strawberry); no pool and all rooms non-smoking; despite what their website says they will rent month to month; I was quoted 28K for a 1BR (+ utilities). Welcome Hotel is a stones throw away from Ayala, they have some studio suites with small kitchenettes. I must have deleted the email I got from them as I can't find it, but if I recall correctly back in August I was quoted about 26 - 30K per month.

http://www.santonisplace.com/

http://wellcomehotel.com/

I looked at Santoni's last spring as I was looking to get of Tancor, it's clean and furnished quite nicely. I never looked at the rooms at the Welcome Hotel as they were over my budget for this trip.

At Santonis it say free wifi, how was the connection? what about housekeeping there? Do guest have to pay for all towel and linen cleaning?

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are just looking for someplace to sleep, the Fely Ann Residence at the Express Inn is pretty cheap. There are 3 levels of rooms and go for P1200, P1500 and P1700 a month (if I remember correctly). If you book through the hotel, you will have to pay for water and electricity - or book through Agoda, pay a bit more and that's covered. It's a 5 minute walk to SM City and 15 to Ayala mall. And just about every Jeepney this end of the city either come past the hotel or through the intersection 50 feet away.

Edited by I am bob

Gator
Posted
Posted
At Santonis it say free wifi, how was the connection?

The signal was strong in both rooms I was shown, but like the rest of Cebu City I'm sure the speed will fluctuate and be mediocre at best.

what about housekeeping there? Do guest have to pay for all towel and linen cleaning?

Included in the rent is weekly housekeeping; it includes a change of towels and bed linens.