Mother And Son Not Allowed To Leave Philippines

jon1
Posted
Posted

It was in 2011.. I guess it may have changed since then. So no stamp, no time limit on stay?

Not so; the stamp with 14 days for a Filipina or six months for a Brit etc is stamped on a slip of paper inserted in the passport and the passport of course is scanned.

OK, good info to know. We were planning a trip to HK in the future. I will have her paper stapled in her passport.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

On HK visa stamps - some Filipinas are under the mistaken impression that if they do a "visa run" into the Mainland they gain another 14 days. This is a good way for them to get their collars felt.

The Filipina prostitute murdered by the English banker a couple of days ago was called Jesse Lorena; she was a domestic helper whose visa had expired and like many others she used to hang out at the New Makati Disco in Wanchai. I know this info, which isnt in the papers, to a friend who recognized the photo  in the papers. Rather a lot like that. 

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

right, so everyone seems to have the problem. so now my question, what can I do to improve that situation? a couple of things were mentioned, but what exactly would they like to see from her so that she can leave the country?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

"You" !

The presence of a quiet, courteous, but firm and resolute foreigner is the best thing for dealing with all Filipino bureaucracy.

They don't really know what they would like to see, as there does not seem to be an official list of approved documentary evidence.

Money, hotel reservations, correspondence, and the thing that swung it for me was a photograph of the two of us with someone recognisable.

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

That's the problem, nobody can really tell you because it changes minute by minute.. its all up to the interviewer at the airport . Your best chance is to be with her at the airport in the Philippines , have a notarized permission slip from the childs father, or better yet the father in person.. Its not a quick or easy thing to do.. I am not sure how you could get the permission for them to travel in advance but maybe theres a way..

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Thanks, kind of difficult to plan a holiday with family if you don't even know if they can travel... 

She has already been to an interview, at which she was told that I have to fly with her. Is there any chance I could visit beforehand and attend such an additional interview to convince them of our intentions?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Is there any chance I could visit beforehand and attend such an additional interview to convince them of our intentions?

No.  They don't want you involved because you are a foreigner so you would just make more trouble.  But, as they already told her, it would be easier if you were traveling with her so if you think you could come here for the interview then just come here and take her with you.   There is a a small chance she will still be denied but as she has already been interviewed by DFA and told she can go with you then it will all depend how her conversation goes with the officials at airport security.  No telling what will happen as they have the authority to deny her exit if they even suspect she is being coerced so if you act all dominant around her . .  weil its already been said that its all up to the interviewer at the airport.

We all face this and I repeat, it goes easier if you are traveling with her.  Normal couples, (living in Philippines as a couple), are seldom denied leave to go on vacation in Thailand.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
How can she Phil immigration prevent her from leaving the country even though she has a flight ticket, a hotel booking and will receive a VOA upon entry?

Yes, I find that odd, questioning FILIPIN citizens to leave their own country.

Do any more countries other than dictators as North Korea and such?

a LOT of Filipinas, without their children, ARE trafficked abroad for prostitution. A figure of 100,000 in Japan alone comes to mind, so clearly the organised gangs have their bribery systems well in place.
Oh that's why!   I thought it was to take money from people...   :mocking:     

But why having such law to stop trafficking, when the organiced crime sure get people through by corruption anyway, so the law mainly make problems for OTHERS?...

brock
Posted
Posted

You do not need permission from the father of the child to take them out of the country.

Americano
Posted
Posted

It was in 2011.. I guess it may have changed since then. So no stamp, no time limit on stay?

Not so; the stamp with 14 days for a Filipina or six months for a Brit etc is stamped on a slip of paper inserted in the passport and the passport of course is scanned.

Stamped on a slip of paper instead of stamping the passport doesn't make any sense at all.  My wife and I have HK stamps in our passports but that was in November 2011.  Does anyone know why they changed where they put the stamps?   What could be the purpose?  Passport pages are a permanent record, a slip of paper can easily be thrown in the trash.