Mother And Son Not Allowed To Leave Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

After a somewhat lenghty interview at immigration with lots of questions asked to me in English and her in Tagalog we managed to board the plane in the last minute and are now in Thailand. So leaving together seems to work, if only I could find out if next time she can leave alone as well that would be great. 

Great News! but what a performance. :thumbsup:  When you get Back maybe it would be a good idea to ask? I know that this may seem a silly Question but.............................

Have a good vacation and Hope the time you are both Together there is peaceful after all this somewhat trying time for you both.

How is she getting on with yet another new language? :rolleyes:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
she called the BOI and got told that the ECC for my son would be difficult to obtain as he has another man's family name still.

he doesn't have a Philippine passport? no need for ECC if a child has a Philippine passport.

YET if the child is leaving (SOLO) on a non Philippine passport then the ECC is needed

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

I would like them to visit me in both Europe (Austria or Switzerland) and China without me having to travel there. What are the steps required to have a good degree of certainty that she can leave once she obtains the respective Visas from these countries?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I would like them to visit me in both Europe (Austria or Switzerland) and China without me having to travel there. What are the steps required to have a good degree of certainty that she can leave once she obtains the respective Visas from these countries?

Have Visa Will travel  Providing!

1. Tickets in Order,

2. Financial things are in order.

Again FTB, best check before hand with Immigration and /or DFA, having stamps already in the passports will be of great asset to them. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

FTB, while i have you here, Did your Wife need to attend a seminar and produce an FCO ( Whatever that is) for travel to Thailand? When she applied for her passport.

Thank's.

JP

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

JP nothing of the like as far as I'm aware. She already had a passport but hasn't travelled so far, and just applied for our son's passport. Apart from the roughly 15-20 minutes interview at immigration, where also showed some supporting documents like DNA-test, return tickets and so forth, we had no particular preparation.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

JP nothing of the like as far as I'm aware. She already had a passport but hasn't travelled so far, and just applied for our son's passport. Apart from the roughly 15-20 minutes interview at immigration, where also showed some supporting documents like DNA-test, return tickets and so forth, we had no particular preparation.

post-2148-0-79939600-1418803405_thumb.jp  Thank you FTB just as i thought. 

JP

• Like 1