Booking Philippine Airline's Fun

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Never had a problem with my Visa Debit card

mind you my Visa credit card for some reason won't work even after my bank say's there is no problem with the card and must be the website.

You would be surprised at the amount of Websites that prefer a "Debit card against a C/C" Visa told  me that some times in High Buying times it can take a long time to process and you will be timed out on the Web Site. With a Debit Card it is almost Instant as it is Geared to the Account balance.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Never had a problem with my Visa Debit card

mind you my Visa credit card for some reason won't work even after my bank say's there is no problem with the card and must be the website.

You would be surprised at the amount of Websites that prefer a "Debit card against a C/C" Visa told  me that some times in High Buying times it can take a long time to process and you will be timed out on the Web Site. With a Debit Card it is almost Instant as it is Geared to the Account balance.

Yes Jack you are correct, when I book a ticket from PI with my debit card, my bank will msg me a code number (for security reasons) on my mob phone, just pop that in to the payment section and bingo, payment secured, works well. The bank I use even give me a security key here to do transfers with, the key number changes every 8 minutes, makes it hard to hack.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Verified by VISA did not appear for me. I will check with the bank on this one.

I have never had a problem booking flights on Cebu Pacific when made here in USA. Last year I was not able to book anything with one credit card but was able to book with the same card I tried to use on the PAL site.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some credit cards are set up the same as a debit card for security purposes while others have to run through the secure system as above. If your card doesn't work, you can call customer service at the airline and complete the transaction over the phone via a manual input. When they say they can't? Ask for a supervisor as they are either being lazy or don't know how. Learned this when i worked with a section of American Express dealing with Platinum and Black Card clients.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Call Cebu Pacific "customer service" lol.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

That issue with Cebu Pacific is why I always fly Tiger. Given airlines need for revenue/passengers you'd think they'd sort this kind of thing out pronto. I guess they don't pay the staff enough to care.........

How many on time problem free flights have you had with tiger? I heard they are no reliable.

I must have had 6 with cebu pacific, one was late.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Quite a lot actually, a couple were delayed but not unreasonably. I've flown with them from here (Singapore) to Cebu, KL, Thailand and they've always been pretty good but yes I have heard others suggest they've heard of problems with them. Now Jetstar is one with a dodgy rep. Yesterday some friends of mine booked an eight o'clock flight from KL to Changi at three in the afternoon, by the time they got to the airport the flight had been cancelled and the next (and last) flight was fully booked. Good job the other airlines had plenty of flights/seats available.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

The bank can hold you liable for the entire amount if a debit card is used in a fraudulent manner. An Act of Congress limits consumer liability to $50 if it is a credit card. I am extra cautious when purchasing from a website. That includes international airline tickets.

Edited by JJReyes

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The bank can hold you liable for the entire amount if a debit card is used in a fraudulent manner.

Then JJ, I am very pleased to have a UK bank and mine in particular. Any fraud that is not of my Doing will be refunded.

keep_your_card_safe.png

Keeping your card safe

You should always know where your card is and keep your PIN safe – don’t write it down or tell anyone. Because it’s a chip and PIN card it’s very safe anyway. But should the worst ever happen, and your card or details fall into the wrong hands, The Co-operative Bank will refund any fraud provided there has been no negligence on your behalf.

Full page

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/customerservices/managingyouraccount/debitcard

JP :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Whilst maybe a little off Topic, Some banks Certainly in the UK / Most parts of Europe and mine in particular at this time are making moves to protect customers against Card Fraud, rather than just Limiting a payment to cover fraud that we had nothing to do with.

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/global/security/how-we-protect-you

Maybe not for our US members but I put in a link so that any Brits interested can see.

Sorry to digress but I felt it was worthy as we were in this area of discussion.

JP  :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson