Booking Philippine Airline's Fun

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I used to check travel search engines for the cheapest tickets including Philippine Airlines. During the past few years, the situation has changed. Finding a bargain is getting more difficult.

My current strategy is to check airline websites for lower price tickets. Another is to contact the wholesalers of a particular airlines. These are the large tour companies who purchase blocks of seats on an annual basis.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Quite a lot actually, a couple were delayed but not unreasonably. I've flown with them from here (Singapore) to Cebu, KL, Thailand and they've always been pretty good but yes I have heard others suggest they've heard of problems with them. Now Jetstar is one with a dodgy rep.

Have flown with Tiger since 2008, at least once a year, maybe twice, this year has been three times. Never been delayed or cancelled on any flight, I know in Australia Tiger and Jetstar both have terrible reputations for cancelled and delayed flights, but Tiger's overseas operation seems to be run a lot more efficiently.

• 4 weeks later...
FlyAway
Posted
Posted

So this gets more entertaining as days go by. Mother in Law has a VISA to come visit us. She was going to travel back with us on the same day we leave Philippines this coming January. So wife has me book a ticket for her same day we are leaving with a return flight 3 months later.

Well, got through it all and card was declined again. Called the reservation number Friday and they cannot process payment. Been calling Los Angeles and San Francisco ticket offices all day to get recordings saying leave a message at the tone only to hear "Mailbox is Full, goodbye"!

Called reservations again to see what could be done, well, you have 24 hours to pay for a reservation sir, booking was canceled. But I made the reservation on a Friday, offices are closed weekends and holiday. Reserved again, now ticket price has gone up for same travel period. :1 (103):

Operator now says the ticket office will email me a credit card authorization form within 48 hours. Asked if the reservation would be good and he said if not paid within 24 hours it will be canceled. :1 (103):