Why Philippines?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I haven't been here quite a month yet but the only real problems I've had are trying to find a bus schedule to get from CDO to Davao or finding peanut butter without 5 tons of sugar added! Heck, I have more issues in Bermuda and I've been there over 40 times... This is much better here!

Thats funny Bob, I,ve got 5 jars of kraft peanut butter and 5 tins of Tim Hortons on my kitchen counter all ready to be packed in BB boxes to be shipped to CDO. Are you staying in CDO right now ?

Not quite yet! I'm still in Cebu until the 1st, then a daytime run to CDO... And on the bus the next morning to Davao.

Hmmm... Kraft peanut butter... All natural or shortening based? :D I think I'll just buy something to grind peanuts with if I can't find some good stuff in Davao! Also got a bottle of San Miguel Premium in the freezer... I'll soon know if it's naughty or nice!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I haven't been here quite a month yet but the only real problems I've had are trying to find a bus schedule to get from CDO to Davao or finding peanut butter without 5 tons of sugar added! Heck, I have more issues in Bermuda and I've been there over 40 times... This is much better here!

Thats funny Bob, I,ve got 5 jars of kraft peanut butter and 5 tins of Tim Hortons on my kitchen counter all ready to be packed in BB boxes to be shipped to CDO. Are you staying in CDO right now ?

You should see the of looks I get when I go sit in front of the hotel at 5am drinking my coffee from a ceramic Timmie's mug... If only it was Timmie's in the mug!!!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Much are said.

It cost in Philis too, but I find VISA for expats better in Phils than in Thailand.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Not in any order. The good

1 the gorgeous ladies

2 weather

3 Being able to go out and enjoying myself without it costing me an arm and a leg.

4 The people here, friendly, hospitable.

5 I find life is a lot slower here, in the Filipino way.

6 Cold cheap beer.

The bad

1 let me think awhile over a nice cold beer :cheersty:

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

finding peanut butter without 5 tons of sugar added!

When you are traveling through Duma I can help you with that.  My friend here is a health food nut and he taught a local filipino peanut butter maker how to make the stuff with no sugar.  The vendor now has quite a few expat customers.  Me?  I like Skippy :-)

Dave if your unable post this info on line would you be so kind as to PM me details, I am often in Dumaguete. Thanks ahead.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Dave if your unable post this info on line would you be so kind as to PM me details, I am often in Dumaguete. Thanks ahead.

When you plan to be in Duma can you drop me a line, or PM I mean.  We could meet up, I would introduce you to my peanut butter loving friend (Scott who is in Moalboal today but will be back soon) and he would certainly let you sample his peanut butter and line you up with the guy who makes it (assuming you like it).

As with so many things Philippines, its the networking in real life among fellow expats that gets the good results  :tiphat:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
You should see the of looks I get when I go sit in front of the hotel at 5am drinking my coffee from a ceramic Timmie's mug... If only it was Timmie's in the mug!!!

They were wondering why you were drinking coffee when you got home at 5 am instead of going straight to bed.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

They were wondering why you were drinking coffee when you got home at 5 am instead of going straight to bed.

That would explain the funny looks I got at 3am this morning when I got up to call my daughter... :D

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

That would explain the funny looks I got at 3am this morning when I got up to call my daughter... :D

No, they are probably wondering why you are home so early from Mango dressed the way you are :dance:

jon1
Posted
Posted

For me 

1 My wife

2 The pace of life

3 The climate

4 less of a language barrier

5 plenty of places to explore

6 never a dull moment

• Like 3