110 Electric Voltage

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Panther seems like a good brand here. Seems to be good quality. Mine is the PVR 1000 and it has 3 220 outlets on the back, and 100, 110 and 220 on the front. 100 is useless for me so I would prefer one with another 110 if I were buying again. I'm not sure what the 100 is supposed to be for.
100V is used for items from Japan. They run 100V.
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Look up with the Hz.

I don't know Hz your home country have.

In Sweden it's 50 Hz and in Phils it's (normaly) 60 Hz

so if bringing such to Phils, they will go faster  - until they break...

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Look up with the Hz.

I don't know Hz your home country have.

In Sweden it's 50 Hz and in Phils it's (normaly) 60 Hz

so if bringing such to Phils, they will go faster  - until they break...

I checked it for you. East Japan is 50 hz while West Japan is 60 hz. I'm originally from MA, US so the US is 60 hz.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

The US is 60hz

• 3 weeks later...
billygoat993
Posted
Posted

When we built our house we requested fir 110 outlets for our stereo and we have some in our kitchen. We have been using it for 2 years no problem. We live in Sta Rosa too

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

When we built our house we requested fir 110 outlets for our stereo and we have some in our kitchen. We have been using it for 2 years no problem. We live in Sta Rosa too

Thanks billygoat993, that's just what I was wanting to know.

Since you live in Sta Rosa, can you tell me how often you have experienced power outages?  At our home in San Carlos City Negros you can depend on at least two outages a month and last from 4 to 16 hours.  Can be longer if from typhoon.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

did meralco help?

what assistance did they do to give the 110/120 power hook up?

could you share what was done?

Since you live in Sta Rosa, can you tell me how often you have experienced power outages?

i live in the eastern part near CITY HALL/(soon to open BI office) in the past 6yrs,

other than this yrs storm. TOTAL POWER INTERRUPTION was less than 24hours,(my child says)

I think 18hrs usually it was a "transformer issue" while just a few blocks away I could see lights on.'even then its only 1-3 hours at the most. Then it was a Scheduled maintenance issue

when the storm in 09 hit. we has ZERO hours lost.

2013 it was 3-4hrs as HEAVY flooding caused it to be turned off in some areas

2014 it was off 3am to about 8pm while isolated  areas didn't have a connection til 3am-12noon the next-day,according to Meraclo. it was reconnection of wiring/transformer reset

safe to say/    :santa laugh:  you have in better power connections here than either in manila or your current area

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
safe to say/ :santa laugh: you have in better power connections here than either in manila or your current area

Thanks Pittman.  You filled in the blanks of my mind.  I was thinking maybe to get a genarator but now with this information I will pass. 

We haven't moved there yet.  Our house in Negros is used by family and we use the upstairs about 2 months a year.  Once moved, it will become one of the vacation spots.

thanks again

• Like 1

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

We do not have issues with power interruption unless there is a very big storm. Usually it do not take that long for Meralco to restore it since our line comes from the Technopark side.

hi Mark, how have you been? Its my Electrician that coordinated with Meralco. Some houses in Valenza ownerd by Expats also have 110. So far we do not have issues with it. We use it for our coffee maker, grinder, George foreman, stereo and some gadgets.

• Like 2