I Need An Architect

1Saltydog
Posted
Posted

Folks,

My wife owns a home in RP which we need to expand before completing our move. I

have roughed out the design of the addition, but I need a Philippine Architect to finish it so that it meets the Philippine building codes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl

• Like 1

Hopeless
Posted
Posted

If at all possible ask the permit dept to suggest a architect . You will be surprised to know most have one on staff  :89:

Once you have a permit it seem you can pretty much build whatever you want because no one will ever look at the plans 

And the chance of a inspection is close to zero  .. You will need a occupancy permit maybe so the fire chief will want you to buy a fire extinguisher from him .

You really need to be on site  for construction   Good luck

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

where salty?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

but I need a Philippine Architect to finish it so that it meets the Philippine building codes.

:hystery:  :th_thbestpost:  post-2148-0-01609500-1418127982_thumb.jp

:rolleyes: Oops sorry, wrong thread I think!

post-2148-0-48410900-1418128031_thumb.jp

JP  :tiphat: Good night All

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

1Saltydog
Posted
Posted

The house is in Hinatuan, Surigao Del Sur, Mindanao (northern) on the coast.

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

I think your best bet is too ask the Municipal engineer too organize it as you will need him to sign the drawing anyway.. Get one price that includes all signatures required for permit..Price is usually between 15/20 k not including the Municipal building permit fee.

Anyway..Thats how we always do it.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

He may not need a building permit in the area he mentioned.  I was married to a woman from there so I know the people do not have floor plans, construction permits or safety inspections. The area my wife is from in Mindanao people do not get construction permits, fire inspections or any of the other useless BS, which is all about paying someone for something that you don't need.  They live more like squatters in other areas who build whatever they want to without any nosy government involvement.

Your wife or a trusted family member should be able to find someone who can make the addition to the house. If you don't find someone soon let me know because my wife knows a man in Mindanao who is very good at constructing houses and without wasting materials.  Maybe we can get his contact info for you.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Folks,

My wife owns a home in RP which we need to expand before completing our move. I

have roughed out the design of the addition, but I need a Philippine Architect to finish it so that it meets the Philippine building codes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl

Our family did as Carl suggested and it all worked out great. Be at the workplace during working hours or there will not be any.

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

Presidential Decree 1096 otherwise known as "the national building code of the Philippines", Rule III, Section 301, Paragraph 1:

"No Person, firm, corporation, including agency, or instrumentality of the government shall construct, alter, repair convert, use, occupy, move, demolish, and add any building/structure or any portion thereof or cause the same to be done, without first obtaining a building permit therefor from the Building Official assigned in the place where the subject building/structure is located or to be done. The prescribed application for building permit form (NBC Form B-01) shall be used by all applicants"

Without a permit then expect fines and penalties if someone decides to report you.

Building permit number should be clearly displayed!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

According to my Engineer, You don't actually need any permissions or City re planning, for an extension provided it is not going to make the House more than 25% larger than it was originally, However it should be reported to City hall for re-evaluation. (if taxed already if not they won't even know the house is there)

A quick visit to the City Engineer will give you all the answers and possibly a list of Architects in the area you are living [in his pocket of course!] 

As we say, "There is more than 1 way to skin an animal"

Morning All,

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

• Like 2