Balikbayan Boxes!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just wish my BB box would get here.... sent in mid-October and scheduled to be in Manila 23DEC2014...but diverted on 12DEC2014 to Taiwan - to wait for dock space in Manila!   Still in Taiwan...   No ETA...  :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We got one yesterday from Abby's sister in NZ.  She sent it end of Oct.

• 1 month later...
virginprune
Posted
Posted

Regarding the rule that only one BB box can be sent within a 6 month period, I appear to have a problem. I have organized boxes via Forex, they have a deal on at this time for medium boxes which is 1 x box for £75 or 3 x boxes for £99. I have obviously gone for the deal but have I messed up? Will two of the boxes be confiscated? To get this deal I obviously have to send them all together so sending them with appropriate gaps between them is not an option. Would it help me to send them to various family members that reside at different addresses, or is that " pie in the sky"

I would appreciate any help or advice concerning this, thanks.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Several BB operators in the UK are offering this deal, so I must assume it is OK.

Having said that, there seems to be much less interest in BBs now, in the UK anyway, than there was a few years ago. 

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I think that I should contact Forex regarding this, as you say if these deals are offered then we should hope it is ok!

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am looking at the same deal.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Regarding the rule that only one BB box can be sent within a 6 month period, I appear to have a problem. I have organized boxes via Forex, they have a deal on at this time for medium boxes which is 1 x box for £75 or 3 x boxes for £99. I have obviously gone for the deal but have I messed up? Will two of the boxes be confiscated? To get this deal I obviously have to send them all together so sending them with appropriate gaps between them is not an option. Would it help me to send them to various family members that reside at different addresses, or is that " pie in the sky"

I would appreciate any help or advice concerning this, thanks.

Well. According to the law it's wrong, but it seem Phils (almost) never bother about THAT law*  , Some have even send amount as 10 at same time to same reciever.

*But the Phil custom has sometimes demanded high custom fee when the PRODUCTS in the boxes don't follow what's allowed to be in BB boxes.

The TRANSPORTER is suppouse to know their offers follow the rules, so - if you tell the truth in the declaration - I would send them and demand money from Forex if your boxes are confiscated   :)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't know what the rules say... but there has never been a problem with sending multiple boxes.  I have never sent more than 11 at once, but I know people who have sent 20 & 30 at a time.  And you can pretty much forget customs - I have never had a box opened for any reason.  Of course, your mileage may vary...    :tiphat:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

I send BB Boxes 2 to 3 times per year. The most we sent was 12 as I sent many toys for a surprise Christmas Party I was having in the barrio. I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, and have never had a problem. Everything arrives unopened with no questions. From Toronto it takes 6 to 8 weeks door to door at a cost of $60 Canadian ($48 US) per box. Most times they have a special send 2 boxes get a half box free.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, an

How much to sent differnt size boxes?