Balikbayan Boxes!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I send BB Boxes 2 to 3 times per year. The most we sent was 12 as I sent many toys for a surprise Christmas Party I was having in the barrio. I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, and have never had a problem. Everything arrives unopened with no questions. From Toronto it takes 6 to 8 weeks door to door at a cost of $60 Canadian ($48 US) per box. Most times they have a special send 2 boxes get a half box free.

Which company were you dealing with? I priced with several companies to send a box from Niagara about a year ago - best price was $110 Cdn!

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, an

How much to sent differnt size boxes?

I am curious about the cost too.

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, an

How much to sent differnt size boxes?

The 60" television & Very Large BBQ cost $250 to $300 Canadian each. The size of the plywood box were about 72 x 48 X 30

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

I send BB Boxes 2 to 3 times per year. The most we sent was 12 as I sent many toys for a surprise Christmas Party I was having in the barrio. I have also sent a 60" Flat Screen Television in a  plywood crate, an extra large Broil King BBQ, and have never had a problem. Everything arrives unopened with no questions. From Toronto it takes 6 to 8 weeks door to door at a cost of $60 Canadian ($48 US) per box. Most times they have a special send 2 boxes get a half box free.

Which company were you dealing with? I priced with several companies to send a box from Niagara about a year ago - best price was $110 Cdn!

I just called the company i use and the prices as of today are $65 Canadian from Toronto to Candon City Ilocos Sur. They don't have any promos now but most times if you send 2 they give you a half box free. The company is called Atin ito & the local Toronto number is (416) 424-1141

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I sent 3 from the UK on May 16th, they have just arrived in Manila. I have used Forex Cargo, their website has sizes and prices for about 5 different boxes. My boxes are medium 23x20x17 inches. One box to Mindanao is priced at £75, I took out a deal of all 3 for £99. However, by the time the boxes were collected somehow the deal had expired so I was charged £170 on collection. I like to think it had absolutely nothing to do with the shape of my nose!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I just called the company i use and the prices as of today are $65 Canadian from Toronto to Candon City Ilocos Sur. They don't have any promos now but most times if you send 2 they give you a half box free. The company is called Atin ito & the local Toronto number is (416) 424-1141

Its great to learn something new  :cheers:

For your future reference, and ours, it would be wise to ask them if they have a service to receive and pack items for you.  Example:  When someone is living here they could shop on line for delivery to the BB company who would then pack everything in the BB and ship it to you in Philippines.  Of course that would cost more, but how much more?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There was a company in Toronto doing that... They, of course, had regular BB box shipments and remittance but would also load a box for you as well... I just can't remember the name but it was here on the forum I first heard about it!

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Can anyone suggest a reliable company that will ship BB boxes from Cyprus back to the PI's please?

Forex Cargo do not operate from here. Western Union did some time ago but not any longer.

Thanks in anticipation,

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Can anyone suggest a reliable company that will ship BB boxes from Cyprus back to the PI's please?

Forex Cargo do not operate from here. Western Union did some time ago but not any longer.

Thanks in anticipation,

You could try DHL

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I sent three at end of April, no sign of them yet. I was told there had been a dock workers strike in Feb, March in California, but it was over. I was told to expect a three month trip to Philippine address. Hopefully that works out. I have about 6 more to send.