Poor 'ol Pirate

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well for those of you that don't know Piratebay has been raided by the Swedish police and all equipment has been confiscated including routers ... computers ... servers and other equipment .... and along with the fact that 2 of the founders have been arrested in different countries several months ago this may be the decisive blow for the poor 'ol Pirate .... will he survive .... will he make a come back or just sink quietly under the sea ???????? .... time will tell ...... 

In the mean time there is a kickass site still up and doing well although I don't like it near as much as me 'ol matey it will do in a pinch ..... so avast me swabs and batten down the hatches .... there's a big blow a coming .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

I am just wondering what the next generation of software will be for downloading. Someone will step up to the plate I am sure.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There will always be a place for them on the Deepnet but us average users aren't gonna go there.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Don't worry. For every site that goes down, 3 will take it's place.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The PirateBay was just the most popular and famous website for listing torrent's for starting decentralized multiple peer to peer file downloads. There are many, many others.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The PirateBay was just the most popular and famous website for listing torrent's for starting decentralized multiple peer to peer file downloads. There are many, many others.

I agree (there is a website name listed in my post above .... just have to look for it .... :mocking: ) but I just found PB to be so much more organized and gave a lot of details about the downloads as well as rating the up-loaders to weed out the fake ... spam and virus laden downloads ..... I also like another program that will find what you are looking for on numerous torrent sites .... not sure if I can mention the name here or not so I won't unless it's OK with the Jollyman .... you just type in your request and it will show torrents form various different torrent sites ....

Oh and by the way everyone will be just thrilled with the fact that my spell checker just decided to start working again .... I know I am .... :tiphat: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

This one works most of the time. http://torrentz.eu/search

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Watched the first 2 episodes of Marco Polo, pretty good.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

An other Swedish "pirate veterans" sold his part of the pirate copying website and started Skype.  So claiming supporting pirate copying of IDEALISTIC reason is just bullsh&t at least in his case.  So he promoted pirate copying MUCH, but he became very angry  !!!  when someone made a pirate copy of his pirate copying code...   :hystery:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is so very wrong!

I'm pleased you provided the new links so we can stay away from those nefarious download places...  :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1