Retired Cop Shoots American

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.visayanda...y/04/negor1.htm He shot him in the leg, he said, to immobilize the American national because he is so big. And this is exactly what could have happened to Mr D in the other thread. It is so easy for a Filipino police or military to use that excuse because we are often much larger than the average Filipino and Mr D appears to be many times larger than an average Filipino and maybe even an average Kano. Would it not be more prudent in an altercation to treat Filipinos with respect?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Life is very cheap in the Philippines, police or other connected people have life and death power there.We don't know the facts but more than likely the Filpino somehow lost face and resorted to violence.Not to be negitive but reading story after story like this one has me rethinking living in Philippines.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Life is very cheap in the Philippines, police or other connected people have life and death power there.We don't know the facts but more than likely the Filpino somehow lost face and resorted to violence.Not to be negitive but reading story after story like this one has me rethinking living in Philippines.
I do not think living in the Philippines would be a problem for people who use their heads and do not disrespect the people of the Philippines and of course are not flashy or high profile. My wife and I during our 15 years of marriage, have been going back and forth to the Philippines and we have spent many days in the Philippines in total and I would guess that maybe it might add up to somewhere around 3 years of days and I have never had a real problem with any Filipino during that time. I wish I could say the same for the expats and visitors that I have sometimes run into and the stupidity and hatred that spouts from some of their mouths. At times it seems to me that many of the people who move to the Philippines are an unhappy lot and it also seems to me that some, and I again say some expats and visitors to the Philippines make it bad for the rest by mistreating or insulting the locals and even other visitors, and since we all are individuals, I feel that it is our (the good peoples) job to show Filipinos that there are also many of us that respect them and appreciate them and their country. I once heard a Filipina who is now the assistant manager of a bank in Cebu say, it was her job to change foreigners view of Filipino one foreigner at a time, and I feel that it is also our job to change Filipinos views of us, one Filipino at a time and I do my best to do that and I would hope that all of you will also try to do your best to make up for the bad apples in our bunch.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I do not think living in the Philippines would be a problem for people who use their heads and do not disrespect the people of the Philippines and of course are not flashy or high profile. My wife and I during our 15 years of marriage, have been going back and forth to the Philippines and we have spent many days in the Philippines in total and I would guess that maybe it might add up to somewhere around 3 years of days and I have never had a real problem with any Filipino during that time. I wish I could say the same for the expats and visitors that I have sometimes run into and the stupidity and hatred that spouts from some of their mouths. At times it seems to me that many of the people who move to the Philippines are an unhappy lot and it also seems to me that some, and I again say some expats and visitors to the Philippines make it bad for the rest by mistreating or insulting the locals and even other visitors, and since we all are individuals, I feel that it is our (the good peoples) job to show Filipinos that there are also many of us that respect them and appreciate them and their country. I once heard a Filipina who is now the assistant manager of a bank in Cebu say, it was her job to change foreigners view of Filipino one foreigner at a time, and I feel that it is also our job to change Filipinos views of us, one Filipino at a time and I do my best to do that and I would hope that all of you will also try to do your best to make up for the bad apples in our bunch.
Now Lee, I must object to your statement that you have never had a 'real problem' with a Pinoy...... If I remember correctly, didn't you dangle a few over your balcony by the scruff of their necks when they could not quite grasp what the 'Big Kano' wanted done in his condo renovation? SugarwareZ-011.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Now Lee, I must object to your statement that you have never had a 'real problem' with a Pinoy...... If I remember correctly, didn't you dangle a few over your balcony by the scruff of their necks when they could not quite grasp what the 'Big Kano' wanted done in his condo renovation? SugarwareZ-011.gif
No I did not actually do it, but I did threaten the head man that would be what I would have to do if things continued on the way they were going because some of his workmen would not listen to my wife and I, and upset her to the point of tears when they continued to do what they wanted to do instead of what we contracted them to do and even after we told them over and over what they were doing wrong, and after that we all seemed to get along great, but for some reason the head guy did avoid me after that, I wonder why. SugarwareZ-005.gif Edited by Mr. Lee

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

retired police officer gets clipped buy a parking motorist, and wants to hold a man for a minor ticket infraction. Who instead of taking down the motorist's License plate Number, where he could get the motorist on leaving the scene of an accident charge, or a hit and run. Ops to shoot the man who is unarmed sitting on a motorcycle. The shooter is a non-uniformed "retired police officer." So I assume he must have had a badge to identify himself? He was carrying a firearm.a. Does retired police officers often carry firearms?b. Do retired police officers carry identification badges. c. Can they perform police actions, or only citizen arrest?d. are authorized to shoot people for minor infractions?e. just were was this retired police officer standing when he was hit?The motorcycle rider being told by a man identifying himself as a "retired police officer: desides he is going to leave the scene of this accident. Why?a. he is a jerk?b. He did not believe he hit the person?c. Did not understand the retired police officer?e. Decided to ignore the badge, or did not see a badge? In most States in the US they would have not shot the leg, but would empty 3 clips in the chest. So I guess he was lucky.I would like to see how this plays out in court. to find out three things.1. was the retired police officer overstepping his authority?2. Was the riders actions such as to justify being shot over a minor infraction?3. Were both parties over the top?I personally think the retired police officer was just a little power hungry and when over the edge in his application and use of a firearm. This is why, because the American did not put his hands on the retired police officer. I do not think he even knew he had clipped the police officer, who should have had his body clear of traffic. Sitting on his motorcycle is not an offensive stance. He also did not even know the man had a gun until he was shot, and I would suspect from behind as well. I bet the rider will win, retired police officer will be paying medical expenses, and I hope looses his firearm.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

Mik
Posted
Posted

I hope Robinson wins his case. This is outrageous. Open season on foreigners? The retired cop should know better than to shoot someone for noncompliance. The newspaper account has rather sketchy details, his word against Elumba's word. I am sure there must be rules of engagement here, when a person is justified in using a firearm. The article doesn't mention anything about Robinson physically attacking someone. You just can't shoot someone over a misdemeanor. If the American had a gun maybe he would be justifed in shooting back in self-defense? Anyway I would be pretty pissed if someone shot me. Robinson must have a lot of self control not to have jumped on Elumba and beat his a**.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

James, What do you mean by your statement. "In most States in the US they would have not shot the leg, but would empty 3 clips in the chest. So I guess he was lucky."?

Mik
Posted
Posted

More info: http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumague...guete-4881.html The victim Robinson is the respected and peaceful Reverend Robinson.

Rev. Robinson DI Member Join Date: Jun 2007Location: Upper Cantil-e, Dumaguete CityPosts: 187--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I thank all of you on DI for your thoughts and your prayers. I have always said that I travel with God and he was there to protect me from serious harm. This heartrending event took place on Friday morning just shortly after 11 in the parking lot of NORECO, in front of the guard station where he was present during the entire event and did nothing. After the retired policeman shot me in the thigh he tried to shoot me in the chest but his gun jammed. So he ejected the round and tried again. But again it jammed. He tried to clear it but it would not, so he gave up and put the gun away. God was with me. The gun could have not jammed and the second and third bullet could have killed me. If the bullet that he hit me with went an inch lower it would have shattered my knee cap. If it had went more to the right it would have hit my gas tank and that would have killed me. God was with me. I was sitting on my motorcycle about to leave when he came up and shot me. I wont go into details here on the forum, but I do have a very good lawyer here and we are filing a few charges against the shooter and civil charges will also be filed. There are a few bad apples in every barrel and I feel sorry for his family and I am praying for them and praying that the shooter gets the mental help he needs as well as removed from the streets. I feel this man is a danger to the community as well as to himself. All in all, I have a wonderful relation with the citizens of Dumaguete, and I dont judge the city or the people by a single act, and I hope you wont either. There are many good people here, but like many societies there are those that will not get involve but will stand back and watch as many did that day. But some men did step forward to help me off my motorcycle and into a petty cab, once the gun was taken from the man. One man (also a customer) stayed with me until my wife came to the hospital. I had wonderful care by the staff at Silliman Hospital, they all were nice, polite, respectful and very accommodating, I thank all of them, the security guards, the nurses aid, the nurses, and the doctors and they all have my respect. Remember, keep God in your heart, and take him wherever you travel. Things will happen but with God in your life, he will make a way.
post #15http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumague...ete-4881-2.html

TheMason
Posted
Posted

There should be a link to this thread in the one talking about how 'safe' it is here in the Philippines. I thought this post from the victim himself was ironic..... http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumague....html#post38194

As far as safety, I have had no problems going any where in the entire country. (I always say God is with me everywhere I travel, so I have no fear.) The truth is I use good judgment about where I go, what I wear and how I act. By doing that I am accepted everywhere I travel and I have no hostile encounters with anyone. Now I have heard other having problem here, but normally it is at night, in the wrong place, and after far too many drinks. But as long as you use good judgment you and your family should be safe.
Riiiiight...the Philippines is safe, keep drinking the Kool-Aid.