What Would A Nipa Hut Cost These Days?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Craig got me thinking.

Just what would a nice Nipa Hut cost these days? Something like 40sq m cement floor thatch roof wet kitchen outside toilet. Located out in da Provinces. 

A few years ago a place like that in Talisay would go for about 60K peso.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Good god man .... with that type of nipa you would be the Brgy Captain .... when I think of nipa hut I think 8x8 (good for 6-10 people :rolleyes: ) (make room for occasional pig or chicken) dirt floor .... campfire cooking outdoors (no roof) .... able to take a shower inside (during a heavy rain) all kinds of critters crawling around inside (Dave Houndriver showed a nice critter crawling around in the rafters of his house ...  :dance: ) (still looking up in mine but have to be careful J just sharpened her bolo  :unsure:) ....

Anyway just kidding around with ya as I really have not a clue about something like that .... most I have seen were more on the scale I mentioned ... :hystery:  :tiphat: 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

500,000 pesos.

I did not know either so I got to googling and found this nice 'outdated' ad.  But if you click on 'view it anyway' you can see that, as of last month anyway, this fellow was selling very fancy nipa huts for 500,000 pesos.

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/62808994/Bahay+Kubo+Nipa+Hut+Price

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

500,000 pesos.

I did not know either so I got to googling and found this nice 'outdated' ad.  But if you click on 'view it anyway' you can see that, as of last month anyway, this fellow was selling very fancy nipa huts for 500,000 pesos.

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/62808994/Bahay+Kubo+Nipa+Hut+Price

If you scroll to the bottom of the ad, there are links to their other ads. One is for a 7 by 10 open cabana type with bench seating for P25,000. I think this guy might be s little high in his pricing maybe?

:D

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
One is for a 7 by 10 open cabana type with bench seating for P25,000.

Sure, but he is looking for:

Something like 40sq m cement floor thatch roof wet kitchen outside toilet

In short, methinks he wants a nice house but made out of straw instead of brick, however all the finishing goodies are where the money is so it will still be expensive.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In short, methinks he wants a nice house but made out of straw instead of brick,

The three little pigs had a problem with that design if I remember correctly.  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The nipa itself is not cheap anymore and you have to replace it every few years. They say tin is the better option looking 10 years ahead.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

That sounds exactly like my first rent house here.  I have no idea what it cost but my rent was p3,000 a month.  Cement floor in living room and kitchen, up 3 steps to one bedroom, with bamboo slat floor.  Dirty kitchen was out back but it had no CR.  We took out the dirty kitchen and had a CR built (standard 4 foot by 4 foot Filipino CR) I insisted on a sit down toilet and stand up shower ha ha.  I told them to connect the CR roof to the house (who wants to get rained on going to pass water at 3 am?).  While they were doing that my wife had them enclose a 5'c7' area as a laundry room.

The point of this... I do not know what the nipa house cost but for the CR with septic tank, laundry room, new nipa for 2 rooms, a water pump/tower/piping I paid just over $500 USD (about p20,000).  We did it for rent credit!  We did not pay rent for 7 months ha ha.

For comparison, my sister-in-law  built a 3 bedroom hollow block/tin roof house for about p300,000.  Cement floor, indoor kitchen, indoor CR, and an indoor dirty kitchen.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

NEW nice looking Nipa huts I have seen for sale for 60 000, I believe it was at ayosdito.ph    I didn't read the specifications.

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe he was saying these standard sizes go for about $650.00 which might be great for a guest house if you have a little property-but that's in Iloilo

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 1