So What Is The Strangest Thing........

jon1
Posted
Posted

Ok I found the reason for the Eyemo not being available;

http://business.inquirer.net/177744/drug-company-recalls-eye-mo-drops

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news/2014/08/30/fda-batches-eye-drop-recalled-362693

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/381970/news/nation/fda-batches-of-eye-drop-solution-recalled

I talked with the Pharmacist at the Royale today about it. She said that people with Glaucoma were having adverse reactions to it (not sure if true or not). She also said the same about the Eyemo red would only available via prescription once it becomes available again. I asked what about the Blue (saline solution alone)? She gave me the shrug. This is affecting the distribution of Visine also.

I am sure something got lost in the translation on Saline vs Tetrahydrozoline HCL solution. Or maybe they can't get past Eyemo and just is easier to stop all distribution?

Oh well.. entirely too much thought put onto this one..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
gordon ramsay
Posted
Posted

OK here is is a strange one... The wife went into the Mercury Drug the other day to buy some Eyemo (saline eye drops). She was told "sorry not in stock" but here is the strange part. She was also told that when they do get in stock it will be a prescription item. Really?? Prescription for Saline solution? This is the same drug store that you can buy antibiotics (Zythromax, etc.) over the counter...SMDH  :cheers:

I think eyemo red contains tetrahydrozoline, which is quite an effective poison if taken orally. It could even be used as a date rape drug. Nasty stuff to have around.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I find it remarkable:

/Filipino men often aren't found to have to be responcible e g for supporting kids they make

/and in some families extreemly bad behaving (=steal money from family and don't try to pay back) family members aren't confronted and demanded to start paying back (and stop living luxury life they can't afford.)

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I find it remarkable:

/Filipino men often aren't found to have to be responcible e g for supporting kids they make

/and in some families extreemly bad behaving (=steal money from family and don't try to pay back) family members aren't confronted and demanded to start paying back (and stop living luxury life they can't afford.)

Great example Thomas, as both circumstances are very common.

The fact that many Filipino and some Foreigners will father a child but feel no guilt in abandoning it are hard to fathom.

Cheating between family members with out obvious consequences is not so easy to understand. The dynamics of Filipino family groups are impossible for most Foreigners to discern. As much as I know about my Filipino family over nearly 20 years I know very very little of how things between them are as most is hidden from me.  

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The fact that many Filipino and some Foreigners will father a child but feel no guilt in abandoning it are hard to fathom.
To be fair that goes for some "kanos" too, although if they do it in our home countries, then the officials would hunt them... 

For instance in Phils:

/One Swede have kids with different women and need to be reminded allways to pay anything.

/An Australian got an ILL child. The poor Filipino family got a rather complicated surgery for FREE (They needed to pay transport from Mindanao to Manila themselves, which they managed to solve.)  Afterwards the shunt clugged, but they couldn't afford the follow up in the region hospital. The Australian didn't contributet at all  :bash:  so the child died, after having much pain...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is not just Fathers who Abandon the children, We have a niece who was Cold shouldered by her Sisters for going off to Work in CDO just to be near here married BF, Low and behold the younger of the 2 Sisters did exactly the same, leaving the 3rd sister to look after all of the 5 children left behind. Both I might add, are now pregnant by these B/F's who had now moved on to pastures new,

We wait to see if both these nieces will return home to the fold and a father who is doing the same thing [illicit affairs] (The Mother Died some 4 years ago.

For a country with supposedly strong Adultery laws, it does tend to make you wonder.  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

Sorted Spelling out before someone does it for me  :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Obviously the senators represent themselves and not the people when 60% of the people favor a new divorce law.
That's not strange, that's normal   :mocking:
  • Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Obviously the senators represent themselves and not the people when 60% of the people favor a new divorce law.   http://www.msn.com/e...d=mailsignoutmd

Shh.........follow the money

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

STRANGE Hmmmmmmmmmmm how is this for Strange? This Morning, Smart Rings my Wife to say that our Constant Complaints about poor connections has been Investigated and upheld  :rolleyes:  Seems the 2 IT cafes in my Immediate Area are running between 7 & 20 CPU's on 999p per month private connections. So, as they can't at this time Connect me on cable, they will change my Receiver to a larger more efficient one at NO Cost Now Folks that is not only Strange but so Damned Funny. 

Stranger Still maybe, is if they do anything about the 2 IT cafe's.

How Long can a Person Hold his Breath?

JP :tiphat: