Visa Info

Kengolf
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I have been given a list of information for moving here, basically I can apply for a two month extension twice and then a 6 month extension? As I understood the immigration guys in Davao.

In that time I can then live here with the family of my fiancé and apply for the required forms in Manila for marriage.

We Go back to Malaysia mid Jan and then we will return for good! I hope in mid Feb.

Just want to check your input into the above and make sure I'm on the right tracks.

Regards Ken and Cha

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
basically I can apply for a two month extension twice and then a 6 month extension?

It has been my observation that you get the first 30 days of your visit 'free' with no visit to Immigration required.  Before the 30 days are up you must go to BI office to get an extension of 29 days which will cost you a little over 3,000 pesos (so much for the 'free' 30 days as a normal 2 month extension is about the same price but anyway . . )  At that point you have been here 59 days and qualify for the 6 month visa in most BI offices, (each office varies the rules slightly just because they can and it makes them feel important to have you jump through hoops).

The cost for that 6 month visa will be up around 10 or 11 thousand pesos because your first Tourist ACR card will be included in that.  Price depends on the BI office and the staff member, yeah I know they have prices posted but each employee seems to read the words differently...  I suspect someone who renews regularly at the BI office in Davao could fill you in more.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I did my 29 day renewal in Cebu and then, my own choice of a 2 month renewal here in Davao with my ACR Card - just to spread the cost around a bit. The BI staff looked at me as if I was nuts but that's ok.. I'll do the 6 months next time.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi guys, I have been given a list of information for moving here, basically I can apply for a two month extension twice and then a 6 month extension? As I understood the immigration guys in Davao.

You can do that up to 36 months if you wish.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/extensionofstay

Costs

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

basically I can apply for a two month extension twice and then a 6 month extension?

It has been my observation that you get the first 30 days of your visit 'free' with no visit to Immigration required.  Before the 30 days are up you must go to BI office to get an extension of 29 days which will cost you a little over 3,000 pesos (so much for the 'free' 30 days as a normal 2 month extension is about the same price but anyway . . )  At that point you have been here 59 days and qualify for the 6 month visa in most BI offices, (each office varies the rules slightly just because they can and it makes them feel important to have you jump through hoops).

The cost for that 6 month visa will be up around 10 or 11 thousand pesos because your first Tourist ACR card will be included in that.  Price depends on the BI office and the staff member, yeah I know they have prices posted but each employee seems to read the words differently...  I suspect someone who renews regularly at the BI office in Davao could fill you in more.

I recently did a first (29 day) extension followed by a two month extension including the ACR-I card. If I next do a six month extension am I right in thinking that if I leave Phils during that time then everything returns to zero and I have to start again? If so, is there any kind of 'multiple entry' permit like in Thailand that preserves the validity of my extension? I was planning a short trip sometime to Angor Wat in Cambodia and don't want to fall foul of some inflexible rule. Thanks.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
  Yes. But the extra long stays need approval from a high positioned. 

(SOME of them demand HIGH bribes to say OK. E g one, who was caught, have HOUSE in Dumaguete, but do/did WORK somewhere ELSE, I have forgot where. An earlier time he was caught for demanding high bribes, he was just moved to an other office, but KEPT similar position !!!  :1 (103):

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

(SOME of them demand HIGH bribes to say OK. E g one, who was caught, have HOUSE in Dumaguete, but do/did WORK somewhere ELSE, I have forgot where. An earlier time he was caught for demanding high bribes, he was just moved to an other office, but KEPT similar position !!!  :1 (103):

Wrong. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/2-uncategorised/234-honorable-secretary

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You don`t need high up approval you just have to fill a form and pay. I extended last time up to 2 years and the booked a flight only to be told afterwards that now you can extend up to 3 years.

robert k
Posted
Posted

What's the rush? Why not wait until you are in the Philippines for good to get the paperwork started? I have had personal experience of dealing with the Philippine government now and I advise doing things the slow way, with continuous observation to make sure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. It wouldn't hurt if you knew what was needed better than the people you deal with also so check before going to any offices, just saying. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Kengolf
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys thanks for all the inputs above. From what i have read it seems relatively simple, only the hassle of the BI office and paperwork. Because we will be getting married in the next few months as well I think i apply for the 2 months then the 6 months until the spouse visa. Also in that time a chance to look at a business or maybe start a gold teaching facility here, thoughts on that guys?/ Its not a big sport here ?