Visa Info

jpbago
Posted
Posted
maybe start a gold teaching facility here, thoughts on that guys?

I would be interested in making gold. Can it be done from coconuts?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
start a gold teaching facility here, thoughts on that guys?/ Its not a big sport here ?

Theres that gold word again. Never thought panning would be a sport   :)

Kengolf
Posted
Posted

hehe, sorry guys, should have said golf teaching not Gold teaching which would be great if i knew about that 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

start a gold teaching facility here, thoughts on that guys?/ Its not a big sport here ?

Theres that gold word again. Never thought panning would be a sport   :)

Maybe you can use a Frisbee instead of a pan. After all, he will be teaching.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Seen lots of digging for gold here but I haven't seen anyone who can get a pan up their nose. :hystery:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Oh they changed it a year ago.

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

When you do go to the immigration office, make sure to get there plenty early. You will generally have a fair wait and if lunchtime arrives and you haven't been helped, you will wait an additional hour.

I'm not sure about closing time. Do they just cut everyone off at that point and tell them to come back another day?

Gator
Posted
Posted
Hi guys, I have been given a list of information for moving here, basically I can apply for a two month extension twice and then a 6 month extension? As I understood the immigration guys in Davao.SNIP We Go back to Malaysia mid Jan and then we will return for good! I hope in mid Feb.

As far I know you are not required to get the 6 month visa, you can keep getting the 59 day one (for up to 3 years without leaving the country); cost vs convenience, so up to you. 

When you return in Feb, you can get your first 59 day visa right at the airport. At least at MNL or CEB you can, I don't know about Davao (not available as of Nov at Clark). It's faster and easier then going to the BOI office as well as about p500 cheaper. No form or photos required, simply go to the BOI office at the respective airport and request it. Make sure you have the fee ready (in pesos of course); it's about p2,700. Save the official receipt, you might be asked for it when you renew.

A tip to save a little time at the BOI office: stop by beforehand and get the renewal application and show up about 15-30 minutes before they open (typically at 8am). Most other people rush in, get an app and then need to fill it out. Whereas you, on the other hand, can simply go directly to the counter and submit yours (after signing in of course). Before leaving, get another app or three for future visits.

My first visit to the BOI in Cebu (@ J Mall, Mandaue) last month I did just that and saved considerable time. As a side note I did the ACR and was required to do the ARP thing too; total cost for all 3 transactions was p7,680 and it took just over an hour. It would have been quicker if the finger print guy hadn't shown up late for work, and probably would have gone smoother if he wasn't hung over (actually I think he was still a bit tipsy, he had to re-enter my personal data into his computer several times), lol.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Oh they changed it a year ago.

Thats right and if you want to stay longer than 36 months you have to apply for a motion to reconsider.  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/motion-for-reconsideration-on-updating-and-extension-of-authorized-stay

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

A tip to save a little time at the BOI office: stop by beforehand and get the renewal application and show up about 15-30 minutes before they open (typically at 8am). Most other people rush in, get an app and then need to fill it out. Whereas you, on the other hand, can simply go directly to the counter and submit yours (after signing in of course). Before leaving, get another app or three for future visits.

My first visit to the BOI in Cebu (@ J Mall, Mandaue) last month I did just that and saved considerable time. As a side note I did the ACR and was required to do the ARP thing too; total cost for all 3 transactions was p7,680 and it took just over an hour. It would have been quicker if the finger print guy hadn't shown up late for work, and probably would have gone smoother if he wasn't hung over (actually I think he was still a bit tipsy, he had to re-enter my personal data into his computer several times), lol.

That's a good tip which I used very successfully at CDO BOI. Put me at the head of the queue.

One point about the ARP thing you mentioned. Being a newbie at this I recently did my second extension including the ACR-I card. I did the finger prints and photo things and the lady handed me the bottom part of an A4 form and told me to return in three weeks to collect my ACR-I card. I went to the office yesterday and handed in said piece of paper which I assumed was a receipt for my ACR-I and was told that the slip of paper was for the ARP programme and should be stapled in my passport, which she duly did for me. Any idea what the significance of this slip is for, and who would need to see it? What would happen if I had lost it? This is the first time I have heard of this.

Thanks.