Information Please

stopthegreed
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, I have moved to Cebu, after spending the last 8 years in Thailand. I have been travelling back and forth for the last 4 Months to tie up all my lose ends in Thailand.

that is now complete, and I am here for good now.

I have just arrived on a 30 day tourist visa.

I would like to know the best Multi entry visa and I would be most appreciative if anyone can tell me the most painless and cheapest way of doing this,

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would like to know the best Multi entry visa

I cannot anticipate a need for such a thing.  Lets do some math:  If you are leaving the country every 30 days or less then you do not ever need to pay for a visa, you will always be on the free waiver.  If you are leaving every 60 days or more then you stay as a tourist and pay about 3K pesos every 2 months.  When you leave and come back you get a free waiver and another 29 days for about 3K.  The ACR card (that you pay for after 59 days) is good for a year whether you exit and re-enter or not.  How could they make a multiple entry visa more advantageous? 

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I cannot anticipate a need for such a thing.  Lets do some math:  If you are leaving the country every 30 days or less then you do not ever need to pay for a visa, you will always be on the free waiver.  If you are leaving every 60 days or more then you stay as a tourist and pay about 3K pesos every 2 months.  When you leave and come back you get a free waiver and another 29 days for about 3K.  The ACR card (that you pay for after 59 days) is good for a year whether you exit and re-enter or not.  How could they make a multiple entry visa more advantageous?

I agree, if you are entering on a regular basis. But if, as in my case, I get a six month extension, and then say, wish to travel to Hong Kong for a short visit, then the balance of the extension is forfeited, as I understand it. Having an ACR-I card seems irrelevant. In fact, I cannot see the advantage of the ACR card, other than to open a bank account or such like. It seems more like an annual 'tax' rather than anything useful, although I stand to be corrected! Oh, and presumably I don't need to keep carrying around my passport if I have the ACR card.

• Like 1

stopthegreed
Posted
Posted

Yes that's a great piece of advice. The problem is I work offshore and although it is 28 day turnarounds, it cant be guaranteed. So although My Company pay and book my flight back to the Philippines they wont book the return flight until nearer the time, so when I check in at the airport they ask me for a return flight ticket out of Phil. Up to now I have been paying for a flight to Hong Kong or wherever, with no intention of getting the flight so its dead money. Whereas, If I had say a one year multi-entry that would solve the problem. And, of course I wouldn't need to book and pay for these flights that Im not going to use.  I hope you understand all that, hahaha.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Yes that's a great piece of advice. The problem is I work offshore and although it is 28 day turnarounds, it cant be guaranteed. So although My Company pay and book my flight back to the Philippines they wont book the return flight until nearer the time, so when I check in at the airport they ask me for a return flight ticket out of Phil. Up to now I have been paying for a flight to Hong Kong or wherever, with no intention of getting the flight so its dead money. Whereas, If I had say a one year multi-entry that would solve the problem. And, of course I wouldn't need to book and pay for these flights that Im not going to use.  I hope you understand all that, hahaha.

The only thing I can recommend is either get an SRRV visa which is a retirement visa that allows you to come and go at will, this involves putting money into an account here, similar to Thailand but less amount. The only other choice would be to get married to a Filipina and get a 13a permanent resident visa. If I am wrong in this assessment then I am sure somebody with better knowledge will correct me.

Chok Dee

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It would better for you to buy a ticket with a cheaper airline. The last time I booked a throwaway ticket it was with airasia and was about 800 peso.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think I have some useful advise here. Book the throwaway as far in advance as possible so you can use it as your proof of exit ticket multiple times. :thumbsup:

A multiple entry visa would not absolve you from having an exit ticket so I don't know what you are looking for there?

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I think I have some useful advise here. Book the throwaway as far in advance as possible so you can use it as your proof of exit ticket multiple times. :thumbsup:

A multiple entry visa would not absolve you from having an exit ticket so I don't know what you are looking for there?

An interesting point. Do you not need to show an onward ticket dated for travel within 30 days of your arrival in Phils?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

An interesting point. Do you not need to show an onward ticket dated for travel within 30 days of your arrival in Phils?

No, the onward can be dated anytime, I have posted info straight from the BI about this before but the airlines are the ones who do not understand. 

post-1-0-76949900-1420507057_thumb.jpg