Air Asia From The Gold Coast Australia - Cheap!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Crazy thing is, you can book flights Gold Coast to Manila, return. But cannot book Manila to Gold Coast.

Must have something to do with the connecting flight Singapore - MNL not being a Scoot plane?

Found out when I tried to book a direct flight MNL - Gold Coast one way for my girl earlier in the year!

Which ever is the lead aircraft in a flight is the company to book through. Ie: coming from Canada, I was booked through Air Canada from Toronto to Hong Kong. The connecting flight through Cathay Pacific to Cebu was still booked through Air Canada. To do the same trip on reverse, I would book through Cathay Pacific. As I can carry an extra suitcase and all 3 have 70 vs 50 lb weight limits if I book through Air Canada (Ex-military), I will have to go to Manila where Air Canada flies and have them as my initial carrier to qualify for the extra weight.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I will have to go to Manila where Air Canada flies and have them as my initial carrier to qualify for the extra weight.

What comes to the Philippines stays in the Philippines!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I will have to go to Manila where Air Canada flies and have them as my initial carrier to qualify for the extra weight.

What comes to the Philippines stays in the Philippines!

Not! Computers, midi keyboard, etc - all with serial numbers on receipts from Canada and US... Heck, I take my frying pan with me if I want... That is a fallacy now people keep repeating since the days of when we had to bribe the airport staff to take even our underwear out! Which, I will admit, was only a few short years ago...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Crazy thing is, you can book flights Gold Coast to Manila, return. But cannot book Manila to Gold Coast.

Must have something to do with the connecting flight Singapore - MNL not being a Scoot plane?

Found out when I tried to book a direct flight MNL - Gold Coast one way for my girl earlier in the year!

You can now but from Manila you go to Singapore then Sydney and back to the Gold Coast. Long layover and a headache.

Cebu flights are better, no Sydney and I think 5 hour layover only in Singapore.  Found that out when I was dreaming awhile back  :)

post-1-0-32276900-1423467411_thumb.png  post-1-0-11968200-1423467413_thumb.png

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I see Tiger Airways are not flying Singapore- Cebu any more :angry:

Edited by frosty (chris)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I see Tiger Airways are not flying Singapore- Cebu any more

Yeah mate, spotted that when I booked my recent trip.  Pity.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I see Tiger Airways are not flying Singapore- Cebu any more

Yeah mate, spotted that when I booked my recent trip.  Pity.

Yeah, was ok coming here. I only had a 5 hour lay over in Singapore, going back was a problem but took Cebu/Jetstar on return was only a 2 hour stop over in Singapore.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yeah, was ok coming here. I only had a 5 hour lay over in Singapore, going back was a problem but took Cebu/Jetstar on return was only a 2 hour stop over in Singapore.

Coming back you would be on Scoot to Singapore then Tiger to Gold Coast. 5.50 hour layover.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Coming back you would be on Scoot to Singapore then Tiger to Gold Coast. 5.50 hour layover.

Sorry Tom I was coming out of Perth

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sorry Tom I was coming out of Perth

Well time you changed  :lol:

• Like 2