Does Anyone Know Where To Find

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes this could go in 1 of 3 topics but I guess here is as good as any .....

I'm looking for a SIM card reader .... I have done a search on Duck Duck Go for them here in the Philippines but only found them on eBay and the by seller sites as well as CDR King (they are all discontinued there) .... most of the cell and computer stores have never heard of them .... amazing as they are for sale anywhere in cell and computer on-line stores in the US ....

Anyway if someone knows where to find one let me know please .... here is a picture ....

post-11-0-99926000-1420709143_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-08959000-1420709387_thumb.jpg

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Try one of the street-side mom and pop computer repair shops...

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir .... :tiphat: .... you would think with the cell phone being the most prized possession of a Filipino .... they would have ALL the goodies and gadgets that go along with them .... but then maybe they don't have computers and an internet cafe is not the place to download all your SIM card data ..... :hystery:  .....

I want one for just that .... download all my contacts and saved messages to my computer in case my phone gets stolen or lost ... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir .... :tiphat: .... you would think with the cell phone being the most prized possession of a Filipino .... they would have ALL the goodies and gadgets that go along with them .... but then maybe they don't have computers and an internet cafe is not the place to download all your SIM card data ..... :hystery:  .....

I want one for just that .... download all my contacts and saved messages to my computer in case my phone gets stolen or lost ... :thumbsup:

Dont you have a USB cable for the phone? 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes sir but I don't believe it will transfer the SIM card info by USB ..... at least I can find any info about that .... :unsure:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes sir but I don't believe it will transfer the SIM card info by USB ..... at least I can find any info about that .... :unsure:

Should be able to, you might need an app , I have seen it on google before of how to do it or even youtube. Got to go to bed but will try to find it tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There are several ways to backup your contacts, you don't need a usb drive or adapter. Go into the Contacts settings of your phone and select Import/Export. You can export to an internal SD card (if you have one) or to internal storage. It creates a Contacts.vcf file on the root drive of the phone or SD. Connect the phone to computer via usb cable (or wi-fi direct, bluetooth, etc) and copy it and do whatever you want with it. To restore the Contacts do the opposite with Import. There are also free apps that let you back it up to cloud storage.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My phone lets me auto-sync to Google.  Maybe your phone does too?  It means if my phone is ever lost, stolen or incapacitated then all my contacts right up until the last time I connected to wifi are all safe accessible with Google and all syncable to whatever phone I use next.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

To backup the phone contacts with google sync you have to do a "merge accounts" from within the phone app. Otherwise what you are backing up are email (gmail) contacts, not phone. I'm pretty sure that's the way it works. 

http://www.android.gs/how-to-sync-contacts-on-android-with-your-gmail-account/

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bottom half of this article tells you how to do it with a USB.  http://techchannel.radioshack.com/transfer-contacts-sim-card-1830.html

• Like 2