13A Visa Timetable

forget_it
Posted
Posted

How soon must you enter the Philippines the first time using the 13a visa?  Like I said I would like to obtain the visa at least one month prior before leaving just to reduce stress!  But I sure they do not want me to wait 8 months before entering.

For Intrepid, with the 13a VISA from the US, you have one year to get to the Philippines.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

mwheeler311,

Just the kind in experience I was looking (and hoping) for!  I don't see how much easier it could have been for you, after you had all the required documents.  

My plan is to start this August with my medical and just hoping my insurance will cover that.  If not, oh well, I'll just have to open my moldy pockets.  I plan to get the certified documents and others ready then submit my application shortly after the first of the year.  This should be a big stress relief

thanks

forget_it
Posted
Posted

Good luck. Remember to get everything notarized, even the doctor's report.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

I did mine the long way-round. Came here and did the tourest thing for 16 months. Then applied for the 13A with all the required documents. That was for the 13A Probationary Visa, valid for 12 months. Then followed by the application for the 13A Amendment - Residency. So took about 2.5yrs

I never trust fixers or agents. You will always pay over the odds for something you can do yourself. I was here 21 days and then needed a Tourist Visa - my wifes family assisted me only once to get the visa. There was a dispute in the family over money ( who would of thought that old chestnut ) and i was on my own. Navigating through Manila on my own was a hard task the first time around... but im still here to tell the story. When i help my father with his tourist visa i have seen white people who use an "Agent" and charge them P5000 service charge on top of the visa application.  I want to help them seeing that they are in the same situation now as i was in then. Maybe i should of helped or let them learn the hard way.... im always in 2 minds in helping people now.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I did mine the long way-round. Came here and did the tourest thing for 16 months. Then applied for the 13A with all the required documents. That was for the 13A Probationary Visa, valid for 12 months. Then followed by the application for the 13A Amendment - Residency. So took about 2.5yrs

I never trust fixers or agents. You will always pay over the odds for something you can do yourself. I was here 21 days and then needed a Tourist Visa - my wifes family assisted me only once to get the visa. There was a dispute in the family over money ( who would of thought that old chestnut ) and i was on my own. Navigating through Manila on my own was a hard task the first time around... but im still here to tell the story. When i help my father with his tourist visa i have seen white people who use an "Agent" and charge them P5000 service charge on top of the visa application.  I want to help them seeing that they are in the same situation now as i was in then. Maybe i should of helped or let them learn the hard way.... im always in 2 minds in helping people now.

Very true. My wife hired an agent (insider at DOI)to help us the first go round. There were some "extras" and a few long stories and I reckon we paid 30k extras. But we got the visa. Came the renewal after the first year, we did the whole thing ourselves, easier and quicker.

A friend took a note of all this. His wife went with him first visit. And he did the rest alone, way under 3k I think.

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I'm headed to Philippines Embassy Chicago in three weeks to process my 13a visa, I was told it takes about 30 days to get it back. I won't know for sure until it does come back. I heard the 13a is good for six months. If don't move to the Philippines in six months, you have to start over again. Getting the Physical and x-ray wasn't too bad. The back ground check only took three days. 

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm headed to Philippines Embassy Chicago in three weeks to process my 13a visa, I was told it takes about 30 days to get it back. I won't know for sure until it does come back. I heard the 13a is good for six months. If don't move to the Philippines in six months, you have to start over again. Getting the Physical and x-ray wasn't too bad. The back ground check only took three days. 

That's excessive. No physical or x-ray required here.

It's a bit late for me to add in my 2 cents here. But if you are married to a Filipina, which you are, it's better to get the Balikbayan visa and apply the 13a here.