Reflexology

No name
Posted
Posted

How many of you have been brave enough to try some Philippine torture known as reflexology? I did it the other day and my feet are still sore. Not bad though. It was mostly one of those it hurts so good kind of thing.My girlfriend took a picture saying "I like to see you in pain." Guess the marriage is not official but married just the same huh? LOLIt is suppose to cure everything, I hope it just gets rid of the pain in my legs, but we'll see. It may just cause pain in my foot to make me forget the other pain. LOLIts not that bad and the pain is suppose to be relative to how sick you are. Jessie (my girl) did it too but she didn't have an many places as it hurt..The reflexologist seemed to know she had migraines by her feet, that was a bit impressive but it might have been luck.The pain in my legs seems to be a better but its too early to tell for sure. He'll come back in two weeks. Its a bit massage, a bit magic and a bit of torture. :thumbsup:

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I was show the practice on Okinawa in 1985, and I can say that I did have pain in areas of my feet that were pressure points for ailments that have plagued me to this date. I believe there is something to it, because to uses nerve endings that correlate to parts throughout the body. We are a carbon based entity, which processes kinetics energy through designated Nero-pathways, conjunctions, and nerve endings. In plain English, we are a big battery with some intricate wiring. Just like in basic electronics, when an area has problems often wiring overheats or burns out. In theory it is sound logic, so yes I believe it will work. But when you have a sore knot in the bottom of your foot and they knuckle rub it, it can hurt like hell. I do believe it can expose problem area in your body such as organs.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexology states, Many civilizations have practiced reflexology. Evidence of this has been documented on four continents: Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America. The most common theory is that the earliest form of reflexology originated in China, as much as 5000 years ago. The early Taoists are credited with originating many Chinese health practices. The Cherokee tribes of North America to this day practice a form of reflexology that they continue to pass from generation to generation. Reflexology traveled across India, Japan, Asia, and China. Traditional East Asian foot reflexology is called Zoku Shin Do. This is the foot portion of the Japanese massage technique. The roots of Zoku Shin Do go back to ancient China and are over 5000 years old. Many changes took place in zone therapy, or reflexology, as new knowledge was added. In China, reflexology reached a new level. The practice of acupressure using the fingers turned into the practice of acupuncture using needles. The study of the reflex points still existed, but the knowledge was linked or added to and taken in a new direction

No name
Posted
Posted
I was show the practice on Okinawa in 1985, and I can say that I did have pain in areas of my feet that were pressure points for ailments that have plagued me to this date. I believe there is something to it, because to uses nerve endings that correlate to parts throughout the body. We are a carbon based entity, which processes kinetics energy through designated Nero-pathways, conjunctions, and nerve endings. In plain English, we are a big battery with some intricate wiring. Just like in basic electronics, when an area has problems often wiring overheats or burns out. In theory it is sound logic, so yes I believe it will work. But when you have a sore knot in the bottom of your foot and they knuckle rub it, it can hurt like hell. I do believe it can expose problem area in your body such as organs.
I have a hard time believing that its going to shrink my enlarged heart or cure lupus but if it does that's even better. I'm planning on living to a hundred in any case. I'm only half way there. One treatment is too short to tell me a lot. I'll keep doing it. Yeah if you had a knot in a muscle in the foot, I don't think I could take that. The guy seemed to keep digging in until I squirmed in pain and I did that cause I was afraid of what was about to hit me as it was already bad enough!Thanks for your input, I'm going to stick with it. My legs are better.

No name
Posted
Posted

Here is a picture of the torture device they use to reach the pressure points:p7060173.jpg

• 1 month later...
johnb
Posted
Posted

I had a foot " reflexology" massage some years ago in Singapore, I'd been walking round the whole day and my feet were killing me so when I saw the big sign for foot massage I thought that i could have a nice sit down, and get my feet lovingly cared for, was I in for a shock,it was like a torture chamber,I kept thinking it will get better soon, the soothing massage will soon kick in....it never did, it was all rolling knuckles and probing thumbs, after i struggled to put my shoes back on i then had to limp back to my hotel and put my feet up. and to think I even paid for the service

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I had a foot " reflexology" massage some years ago in Singapore, I'd been walking round the whole day and my feet were killing me so when I saw the big sign for foot massage I thought that i could have a nice sit down, and get my feet lovingly cared for, was I in for a shock,it was like a torture chamber,I kept thinking it will get better soon, the soothing massage will soon kick in....it never did, it was all rolling knuckles and probing thumbs, after i struggled to put my shoes back on i then had to limp back to my hotel and put my feet up. and to think I even paid for the service
Thanks John, now I know not to try it. :3_8_14[1]: I already have enough aches and pains and surely do not need anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Interesting subject as my wife has plans on getting some for me when i get back to deal with my insomnia.. big concern for me is my left ankle as it was crushed by a collapsed lift shaft. Its at least 4 years on and still painful not sure if i want anyone poking around in there..lol

• 4 months later...
trex
Posted
Posted

it does work but i did ask the guy not to use that pointy thing instead used his knuckles.There was one instance when i woke up with back pain that left me impaled for almost a week. i cant move my head without turning my whole body to the direction i want to turn my head. My back was so sore that i cant stand up without turning sideways. Cant even ride my motorcycle for the pain was just unbearable. then i was referred to a really good reflexologist asked him to come to my house and did a 2 hour session. I was moaning and bitching for the whole session but viola! the next morning all the pain was gone just like that. So, now i made a point to visit the massage booth everytime i am at the supercat terminal wether it be at the Cebu terminal or Ormoc.By the way he was blind. Just like most of them folks at the terminal but they are really good at it.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I suppose its like everything though depends who does it.. Ive seen some real shoddy construction work by "professionals" and no doubt reflexology has the same problems.

retired
Posted
Posted

There is foot massage and there is Reflexology and they are not necessarily one and the same . :-) I tried Reflex back in the early 70's while living in Fla as 20 somethings were getting into the Holistic Health movement . I did find it to be helpful but also painful versus other forms of massage . In short , i would only go the Reflex route for more serious medical issues and if planning on an extended course of treatment .