Reflexology

Singers
Posted
Posted
How many of you have been brave enough to try some Philippine torture known as reflexology? I did it the other day and my feet are still sore. Not bad though. It was mostly one of those it hurts so good kind of thing.My girlfriend took a picture saying "I like to see you in pain." Guess the marriage is not official but married just the same huh? LOLIt is suppose to cure everything, I hope it just gets rid of the pain in my legs, but we'll see. It may just cause pain in my foot to make me forget the other pain. LOLIts not that bad and the pain is suppose to be relative to how sick you are. Jessie (my girl) did it too but she didn't have an many places as it hurt..The reflexologist seemed to know she had migraines by her feet, that was a bit impressive but it might have been luck.The pain in my legs seems to be a better but its too early to tell for sure. He'll come back in two weeks. Its a bit massage, a bit magic and a bit of torture. :thumbs-up-smile:
Works -- AGONY but it works.I had 6 years in Singapore and 3 in Shanghai.Tom

Steve
Posted
Posted

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the pain factor. I have a bulging disk in my neck at C5/C6 which I have had therapy for and it feels better, but I still have back aches and some other problems. Not sure if something like this would help. How often would you have to have this done?

Singers
Posted
Posted
On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the pain factor. I have a bulging disk in my neck at C5/C6 which I have had therapy for and it feels better, but I still have back aches and some other problems. Not sure if something like this would help. How often would you have to have this done?
10... but ask for gentler. The Chinese say "Bo Tang - Bo How" = No pain no good.For back treatment in Ceby Dr Jim is the MAN. -- Dr. James H. Pardis, Chirpractic Clinic, Basement 2, Ayala Centre Cell 09158102390.Acupunture would be my choice for your C5/6 but I have been unable to find a practitioner in PI.If you are ever in Singapore then Physician JingBo Xu is the Lady to seek out. Oriental Traditional Therapy Center, China TownShe has a private practice and got me from a walking stick to full mobility without.Tom

Hoz
Posted
Posted

With the theory of nerves being attached from the toes to certain organs of the body I would place reflexology in the quack catagory, except for a session I had over 30 years ago. A GF of an aquaintance said she had some training in it and on a whim I asked that she do my feet. During the session she mentioned that I had kidney problems as one toes was extremely tender compared to the others. She had no way of knowing I did have kidney disease as a child and went through a rather horrifying experience of being in hosipital off and on for a year or so. But at the time of the massage I was OK. Then over 20 years later my kidneys failed again and I had to go on dialysis and eventually transplant. BTW, after toe manipulation she said my urine would be bright yellow for a few days and that proved true also. Something about her breaking up the calcifying deposits that accumulate in the toes.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
With the theory of nerves being attached from the toes to certain organs of the body I would place reflexology in the quack category, except for a session I had over 30 years ago. A GF of an acquaintance said she had some training in it and on a whim I asked that she do my feet. During the session she mentioned that I had kidney problems as one toes was extremely tender compared to the others. She had no way of knowing I did have kidney disease as a child and went through a rather horrifying experience of being in hospital off and on for a year or so. But at the time of the massage I was OK. Then over 20 years later my kidneys failed again and I had to go on dialysis and eventually transplant. BTW, after toe manipulation she said my urine would be bright yellow for a few days and that proved true also. Something about her breaking up the calcifying deposits that accumulate in the toes.
Just need to query what you are saying,the first part of your posts says reflexology is in the quack category but then you go on to tell us of how the quack told you things and was in fact true to what they told you.

Singers
Posted
Posted
With the theory of nerves being attached from the toes to certain organs of the body I would place reflexology in the quack category, except for a session I had over 30 years ago. A GF of an acquaintance said she had some training in it and on a whim I asked that she do my feet. During the session she mentioned that I had kidney problems as one toes was extremely tender compared to the others. She had no way of knowing I did have kidney disease as a child and went through a rather horrifying experience of being in hospital off and on for a year or so. But at the time of the massage I was OK. Then over 20 years later my kidneys failed again and I had to go on dialysis and eventually transplant. BTW, after toe manipulation she said my urine would be bright yellow for a few days and that proved true also. Something about her breaking up the calcifying deposits that accumulate in the toes.
Just need to query what you are saying,the first part of your posts says reflexology is in the quack category but then you go on to tell us of how the quack told you things and was in fact true to what they told you.[/quoteUric acid deposits in the foot/toes hence Gout.