Senior Citizens = (Old F@rts)

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I agree that we should take advantage of that in being old. Our electric company has 2 line ups, one for seniors and one for all others but sometimes, there are many seniors. I would sometimes get nasty looks when going in the senior's line as some of the others looked older than I. I have now found out from this wonderful forum, that I can pay my bill at the bank. Here, it is not so polite. Two people jumped the line and it has happened elsewhere. The bus line ups are very rude and pushy.

At the SM supermarket, there is a cashier for seniors. Some stores give a 20% discount to RP seniors with ID, even if she is 84, they ask for ID.

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

What a great story often we only share negative experiences.

Chris, just for the record exactly what SM mall department store was this swim wear tryout area located? I'm just curious not that I would visit or and all.  :10001:

Was at Cebu SM. I was happy to stay and evaluate the young ladies trying this seasons swimwear on but I could see my girl was getting a little annoyed when I would pass a comment about some young ladies capacity to fill her bikini top :th_hu: , I even offered to choose an outfit for one or two of them, got the death stare :attention:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"I could see my girl was getting a little annoyed"

A little?  :hystery:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
At the SM supermarket, there is a cashier for seniors

Has anyone here actually tried the senior line in SM or other grocery stores .... I know we can't get the discount but I have heard of some using it because it can be faster .....

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Has anyone here actually tried the senior line in SM or other grocery stores

Yes, On rare occasions the cashier at the grocery store has waved me ahead of all the 20 to 40 year olds who are in line at the 'Seniors and persons with disabilities' line but usually I have to wait behind them like any non-senior.  I like to think it is because I do not look my age  :tiphat:

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

At the SM supermarket, there is a cashier for seniors. Some stores give a 20% discount to RP seniors with ID, even if she is 84, they ask for ID.

To qualify for the tax rebate, the store or restaurant needs the ID number on the senior card.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

At the SM supermarket, there is a cashier for seniors

Has anyone here actually tried the senior line in SM or other grocery stores .... I know we can't get the discount but I have heard of some using it because it can be faster .....

:cheersty:

Yes, I use it most all the time. Usually faster as most seniors do not buy much. I start with a Big Cart and then decide which cashier that I go to when I get there.

I also always go in with a list and buy what is on the list, unlike the locals.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 4