One Month Accommodation Cebu?

Mikeyrollr
Posted
Posted

So I want to come to Cebu and stay for about 35 days......I have never been to the Philippines, so I am a " greenhorn " / novice......I'm wondering if there are decent places that have a convenient location to downtown Cebu that have monthly rates....?    I'm afraid that staying in a traditional hotel is going to be pretty expensive. I will be traveling alone and am coming out there to play golf and just hang out and meet some of the people and hopefully meet some experienced ex-pats. I'm thinking it would be something like an " apartel " or whatever they call them.....  Mikeyrollr   Portland, Oregon USA

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What is your budget ? Monthly stays work on 30 days so you will need accommodation for the other separately. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Google "pension house cebu".  This will give some idea of what is available via the web.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I stayed at the Fely Ann Residence (part of the Budget Hotel) in Cebu for a month but, yes, it's by the month only! One short block from SM City and on a main route. Even if you have to move somewhere else for the last 5 days, it's cheaper than most other options. Water and electric are extra unless you book through one of the reservation sites - I recommend using the link through JollyGoodFellows signature as this way you will be supporting the forum!

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 4

Lou49
Posted
Posted

You can try Apartelle de Arcenas in Banilad. It is pretty central and close to Cebu Golf Club. Small one bedroon is 18,000 pesos per month plus utilities, so about 22,000 per month. I stayed there for a year and it was quite ok. Security guard will call u a taxi or there are triicads at the front gate. 

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
So I want to come to Cebu and stay for about 35 days..

Hi Mike, have sent you a PM as dont think can post here link to places......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So I want to come to Cebu and stay for about 35 days..

Hi Mike, have sent you a PM as dont think can post here link to places......

Steve, you can unless you should happen to own the hotel and try to posts links everyday for free advertising which I know is not the case. Almost all links are allowed except a few to certain sites but information links are fine.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Have a look on here if you dont want a hotel,,,,,,,,,,,www.airbnb.com

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

First , you will want to re - think your 35 days. The first visa is 30 days for free , then about 3100 for a visa extension. So the extra 5 days will cost you that money.

I prefer to change hotels every week , just move and get a feel for an area.

• Like 1

Mikeyrollr
Posted
Posted

Hello guys..... I want to thank all of you very much for the help and suggestions.....everyone on this forum is really nice and I appreciate it. I know that I'm kind of an idiot when is comes to planning my trip to Cebu......but I have to learn about the details sooner or later. I have traveled a lot domestically here in the USA, but have not ever gone abroad......like the one guy Chopper1050 says that wanting to stay for 35 days will cost me some extra money...... you see, I didn't know that......I thought that a tourist like me would have to get the so-called extension after 21 days.........so thank you for that info. Someone asked me what my budget would be......well, I have some money, but like anyone I don't want to piss it all away if I don't have to. My ideal thing would try not to spend more than $500.00 USD on a place to stay.....and then I know the golfing thing won't be cheap.....I've been told if I show up at  like Cebu Country Club and find a way to play with a " member " that it will cost less. I also work in the golf business here in Portland, and if I can show them that info, maybe they will cut me a discount.....    : )     who knows.....it's worth a try and doesn't hurt to ask.   I don't plan on running around and going out to all the bars very much....although want to have a few beers and meet some nice people. Also want to get a feel for the place and might consider living there part time....etc.  I know it will probably take more than a month to do that, so would require more trips out there. Anyway, I just want to say real quick that I hope I didn't get Steve in trouble with the forum because he told me about his condo in Cebu....I think he was just trying to be helpful......I will do as much as I can to support the forum and make arrangements with the supporters of this forum.   Thanks again for all the help ( I need it ).....I will be asking more stupid questions later....  : )     Mikey

• Like 2