Worst Hotel Ever- Holiday Spa Hotel.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Holiday Spa Hotel was on someone's list of good inexpensive places to stay in Cebu. I'm here to tell you it was the worst hotel experience of my life. See my review at TripAdvisor.com.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298460-d2149TripAdvisor.com.408-r250666558-Holiday_Spa_Hotel-Cebu_City_Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

I couldn't get a copy to paste into this space so you'll have to go there to read it.

Added by Jolly......

“Go elsewhere.”

It was the worst hotel EVER. There is a night club next door. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday music blasted from it until 6AM loudly enough to get past the best earplugs money can buy, in a room on the far side of the hotel from the nightclub. At 3AM I went over and politely asked the manager of the club to turn it down a little. He politely informed me that I would have to ask the management of the hotel, since both establishments have the same owner! Of course the music did not get turned down.

It's like death from a thousand cuts. It has a deluxe gym but the gym costs extra. The wifi costs extra. It's PHP 100 for 24 hours with and they don't mention the limit of about 2 hours of actual usage within that 24 hours. Even the pool costs extra!

The restaurant is terrible. The breakfast buffet is quite limited and the eggs, meat and so on are kept at ROOM TEMPERATURE! That would get a restaurant shut down by the Health Department in any town in the USA. The staff is much more concerned with collecting your breakfast coupon than in stocking the buffet. The staff is nice enough but they are poorly trained. The hotel manger is incompetent. 

Tripadvisor needs an option for awarding ZERO stars in a review.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
See more room tips
Stayed January 2015, travelled with family
Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added review
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the  REVIEW, ,,, read some other reviews ,it appears that your not the only dissatisfied customer..

could you tell us how the other hotel service was? or was this your last night in cebu before leaving?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had booked 3 nights on Sinulog weekend. Alpa City Suites is our favorite in Cebu. You could find my take on it at TripAdvisor also. In short, everything about it says "quality!" from the in-room router to the extra large refrigerator to the water-heating pot (for tea etc) which is stainless steel, not plastic. It has an excellent restaurant. M Citi Suites is good, and has absolutely quiet rooms 100 meters off Fuente Osmena. Citi Park Hotel is good. Crown Regency is deluxe and fun but stay away from their firing range.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Alpa City Suites is our favorite in Cebu. You could find my take on it at TripAdvisor also

Alpa City Suites was our hotel both times that we were in Cebu. All 6 of us enjoyed our stay there. Staff is excellent, buffet breakfast was good and always different. It is in a quiet area 180p from the airport but we needed 2 taxis wherever we went as they allow only 3 people per car no matter how small they are. There is a good resto 20m down the side street from Alpa, Pedro's Grill, I think. I also gave a review in both Agoda and TripAdvisor. Crown Regency and the area around it is just too busy. The small lobby was filled with Koreans and their luggage. The two Waterfront Hotels that are nowhere near the water smelled bad from too much smoking.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What is the basic cost per night for the hotel?

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

For me the best hotel in Cebu is premiere citi suites, amazing rooms, rooftop with awesome views of the city and free breakfast

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It has become obvious to me, over the years, that the reason there are so many different types and styles and prices of hotels is that one man's castle is another man's hovel.  I appreciate the reviews I get to read as it helps me to choose in areas I am unfamiliar with, but I would suggest to all reviewers that they keep their emotions out of the way when reviewing for the benefit of future travelers.  But if the purpose of the review is simply to spit venom then fly at 'er.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alpa Suites is about $70/night.

Every word in my reviews is truth. My Mama told me if I don't have any thing nice to say, then don't say anything. But one has a duty to warn ones fellow travelers about intolerable noise and dangerous food, does one not? If you look over my 15+ TripAdvisor reviews, you will find much more praise than criticism.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

For me the best hotel in Cebu is premiere citi suites, amazing rooms, rooftop with awesome views of the city and free breakfast

I really carn't believe I am reading this as I rate it the worst place I have ever stayed in.

The delux room is excellent as is the roof top, it stops right there.

We gave them so many chances as loved the room, never did they ever get the Internet sorted out. One time we arrived from Singapore at 10am, as they would never reply e mail we had a friend book us delux (best room they have) We were forced to wait until 1pm before being allowed access to our room. Staff admitted room is ready but check in is 1pm sir. Breakfast are boring and horrible, nothing ever available and milk ever ever.

Final straw was leaving luggage in there small room on our last day (had stayed 7 nights). They wrote a number on a scratch paper, put it on luggage an gave me a slip of paper same number. We were only guests, lost piece of paper....that's P500 sir.....After a huge argument managed to get luggage no payment.

Avoid it like the plague.....

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Final straw was leaving luggage in there small room on our last day (had stayed 7 nights). They wrote a number on a scratch paper, put it on luggage an gave me a slip of paper same number. We were only guests, lost piece of paper....that's P500 sir.....After a huge argument managed to get luggage no payment.

I agree that's ridiculous and idiotic, glad they relented. I stayed there a couple of weeks when I first moved here and have stayed on and off but not lately. I always recommend it to friends and they've all been happy there. I agree the wi-fi was crap. The breakfast was ok but my expectations for something like an "included breakfast" are pretty low. They usually replied quickly to emails. I used to know the manager but she's left. It's been a few years since I was there, is your experience fairly recent?