Tampo Prayer

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Happy to report that in 25 years together, I can't really say that I've experienced tampo (prolonged silent treatment).  There have been a couple of times when she's been supremely vexed, and rather than have the argument escalate, she has walked away saying that no good will come from belaboring the topic at the present time and that we will have a more civilized talk when she calms down.  I give her the space she needs, and we are ready to talk in a couple of hours.

That's very GOOD !

Problem if the tampo start WITHOUT told why.  Hard to improve someting, if we don't know what it is   :)

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Problem if the tampo start WITHOUT told why. Hard to improve someting, if we don't know what it is

She's not the overly sensitive sort, so when I can see that she is steaming mad, I take a step back and it does not take me long to realize what caused it.  It's not some imaginary slight that sets her off.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

so when I can see that she is steaming mad, I take a step back and it does not take me long to realize what caused it.  It's not some imaginary slight that sets her off.

:th_unfair:  I have a 15 year old Daughter, believe me the Tampo's can start at any time, for whatever reason by either of them :rolleyes:

Life sometimes is just not fair.  :no: BUT who am I to complain. I am just soooooooooo Happy and take all this S....T  :unsure:

post-2148-0-57735700-1422577840.png Where OH! where, did we go Wrong ?(The males species I mean )

Morning All,

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

• Like 3

forget_it
Posted
Posted

The first time it happens, when you have no idea what's going, it's nerve wracking. After you discover what it is, it's not so bad. Definitely better than fighting. I've only experienced it three times in almost three years, and the last time was just one night.

My wife actually told me what to do about it after the first time. Just leave her alone until it's over.

Looking back, all three times, it was really my fault. Just thoughtless little things where I hadn't considered her feelings.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The first time it happens, when you have no idea what's going, it's nerve wracking. After you discover what it is, it's not so bad.
IF you find out  :)

"Women are from Venus and men from Mars". making manu from SAME culture don't understand.  Add the different cultures to that, and it can be very hard/impossible...

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife's tampos are rare-and usually for a half day or so but one time it lasted for 3 days! Dear Lord! She was on edge whenever I tried gently to get her to come to terms with it-I never really found out why, but when everything got back to normal, I told her not to make it a habit to clam up for so long. There's been no issues since then because if that long term tampo happens again she knows I will talk her ear off till she confonts whatever issue she's dealing with

• Like 2