Anybody Shipped A Dog From Cebu To The United States?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I believe he said the animal has to be put in quarantine a while after arriving to USA

If the animal is fully vaccinated and certified disease free I sincerely doubt that due to the experience of my friend who does it regularly.  But you are welcome to submit links or other documentary evidence to support that claim.

• Like 1

jassy
Posted
Posted

The dog doesn't need to be put in quarantine as long as the vaccines and complete medical docs are available.

Japan is even stricter than the US and requires bloodwork which we sent to a lab in Kansas because cebu doesn't have that and japan is too expensive to do the lab work. For US bound pets the bloodwork is not needed just the vaccines and medical docs.

But problem is the airplane from cebu. None of them carry live animals anymore direct from cebu flights.

• 5 months later...
Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The only way I'd put a dog through that would be if the dog was heavily drugged. I looked into it a few weeks back and as far as I could find out, the airlines don't allow drugged pets on long flights anymore. The Missus says dogs under 5 pounds can be in your hand carried luggage.

Edited by Guy F.