Lgbtqi+: Life In Cebu As A Queer Expat

brock
Posted
Posted
It seems to me that about 5% of the Filipino males seen in public are obviously gay.

I agree with RBM, Much closer to the 95% than 5%,,,,Seems hard to see a straight guy somedays,,,Sometimes I think I am the only one, Then I start  to wonder :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I think I am the only one, Then I start  to wonder

OY! I am Straight, you can ask my boyfriend, Kevin  :hystery:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 5

brock
Posted
Posted

The two timing git,,,

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:mocking: Queer as different, or Queer as women. See Curly's list for a politically incorrect list of attributes of women and you may (I did) realize that while harsh this are in many cases true, and proof that women are Queer :dance:   

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The two timing git,,,

Just living the Filipino way

Morning all  :morning1:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The two timing git,,,

Now now you 2 don`t get jealous

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It is hard to say how many gays are here... my gaydar was pretty good in the US - totally worthless here!

But as others have said it is very accepted here.  Which is surprising considering how conservative they are supposed to be.   My manicurist was saying she wanted to go to the US because transgenders are so much more accepted there.  I could not help laughing.  I assured her that it is much more accepting here. 

I have not seen any gayborhoods  - like we have in the US.  Here it just seems to be pervasive, and accepted.  And, like in the US, the gay men seem to be more visible.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It is hard to say how many gays are here... my gaydar was pretty good in the US - totally worthless here!

But as others have said it is very accepted here.  Which is surprising considering how conservative they are supposed to be.   My manicurist was saying she wanted to go to the US because transgenders are so much more accepted there.  I could not help laughing.  I assured her that it is much more accepting here. 

I have not seen any gayborhoods  - like we have in the US.  Here it just seems to be pervasive, and accepted.  And, like in the US, the gay men seem to be more visible.   :tiphat:

I concur. Filipino's are much more accepting of gays and lesbians. (bakla's and tomboy's) Plus there are very few filipino's who hate on the gay's like you have in the USA. Even though in some ways gays have more rights in the USA the social climate for being gay is much better in the Philippines. There just really isn't a gay issue here like you have in the states.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not much that I can add except to agree - certainly I would not worry about your sexuality in coming to the Philippines. 

Just one thing - PDA of any kind is frowned upon.

Edited by Methersgate

usa32
Posted
Posted

Good posts. But i hate to state the obvious, considering this guy just registered and this was his first post.

This was most likely not a legitimate question. He is probably just wasting time on the internet.