Poping Off

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here is one for you all,

You have made you home over in the Phils life is good and after so long you die,

What happens then,

Living in England a good part of my life you know what happens here but living in another country is it the same,

Could anyone know what happens there,

I am not wanting to know about my bank account or my Puma trainers, but what happens to your body, and yes i do know it will rot, its the in-between time 

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

I am working a last will and testament to cover that. I am debating cremation or burial at the Clark Cemetery. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can be dead sure, they will have a party Steve.

When I first met my wife to be, her cousin in the Army invited me to see a traditional officer's funeral.

The coffin arrived by horse driven hearse together with a brass band and after the church service we walked behind the hearse to the graveside.after the burial the sandwiches and cold drinks were handed out!

An hour or so later we were driven to a resturant for a four course meal!

On another occasion....

My wifes sister always the last to arrive, came to offer her condolences to the family of an Aunty.

The family gathered at the funeral parlour, were shocked to see her rush up to the coffin, pouring her eyes out and screaming over the coffin of some non-related person!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Its the incinerator for me, not wanting to be worm food. Ashes cast over the sea at a later time would be nice.

• Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Since you're dead you will neither know nor care. At first I thought you were asking about the afterlife  :no: . There isn't one by the way.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but what happens to your body,

Steve, I have a ST PETERS burial Plan, I will be Buried in the Valencia tomb in a space that is available at the time, We discussed this some time ago when I came her full time, As we know, the Filipinos remember their departed ones , many times during the year, We Go to Visit Azons buried Family at least once a month depending on Birthdays and Death Anniversaries + of Course the yearly trek on all souls day.  

I don't know whether you now this but Monday is Visiting day in Most (if not All) cemeteries here in the PI. you can see the Flower and candle Venders at the gates each and every Monday. Check it out if you have time.

I came to Spend my Remaining days here with my Girls, it seems only Fitting that I should be here when my time comes.

having said all that and I do not want it, Cremation seems to be getting Popular but I think only in the North.

But for me, I will be Buried here. Steve, pop along or your Mrs to one of the Burial Service providers and have a chat, they will be the ones dealing if you want your remains to go back to the UK

JP :tiphat:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My wishes are to be cremated and to be with my wife like this:

post-2913-0-68845500-1426815397_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Since you're dead you will neither know nor care. At first I thought you were asking about the afterlife  . There isn't one by the way.

Geuss you won't be coming to dinner after all is done.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Its the incinerator for me, not wanting to be worm food. Ashes cast over the sea at a later time would be nice.

This is also what I want seems like a fitting end to .my life

• Like 3