How Should We Prepare?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Have they started enforcing the rules on BB boxes?  I still know people sending multiple boxes... have not heard of any problem with it.  I know the rules - but they rarely apply in the real world.

I have been price checking with many shippers,(so many I can't remember) from Va to NY.  I will be shipping about 30~ boxes.  When asked, none expressed any concern shipping that many boxes and only one stated a privious issue with cuctoms.  He was told to limit each container to 4 TVs.   He told me if I were to ship more than 3 TVs for myself he would put the extra ones in the next container he shipped.  I'm only shipping one, but may change to two.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never been asked to fill out any paperwork for contents - just a shipping label.  I have never had any box opened or inspected (other than maybe x-rayed).  I have never had an issue with multiple boxes, or time limit between shipments.  Not just the boxes I send to myself but also all the boxes the OFW family members send. 

Now I am not saying what is or is not according to the rules... just my actual experience.  If you are moving over here BB boxes are the easiest and cheapest option.  :tiphat:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I agree with Tuka. Over the years we have shipped multiple BB boxes home, (in my name) and have never had a problem. But with everything in the Philippines, you might be the 1st :no: Now 30 at once might be a flag, but the worst thing that can really happen is that you might have to pay VAT taxes on stuff they think might be for resale.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I agree with Tuka. Over the years we have shipped multiple BB boxes home, (in my name) and have never had a problem. But with everything in the Philippines, you might be the 1st :no: Now 30 at once might be a flag, but the worst thing that can really happen is that you might have to pay VAT taxes on stuff they think might be for resale.

VAT and custom fees.  Some products have VERY high fees.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
VAT and custom fees. Some products have VERY high fees.

True Thomas, but there is saying that comes out of Las Vegas ------You roll the dice, and you take your chances :lol:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

VAT and custom fees. Some products have VERY high fees.

True Thomas, but there is saying that comes out of Las Vegas ------You roll the dice, and you take your chances :lol:

Corect.  I just warned the topic starter it CAN happen ot become very expensive.

And BECAUSE I'm a gambler, I prefer to do things to IMPROVE the odds  :)   by trying to avoid the custom notice by there are many boxes at same time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
william_c
Posted
Posted

To: I am Bob,

So where is the S&R store you speak of in Mindano? I see you are in Davao.

We are in Butuan City and wife has not heard of it...ever.

We enjoyed Costco in the States and a similar here would be a nice find.

Thanks,

William.....new retiree in Butuan.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

To: I am Bob,

So where is the S&R store you speak of in Mindano? I see you are in Davao.

We are in Butuan City and wife has not heard of it...ever.

We enjoyed Costco in the States and a similar here would be a nice find.

Thanks,

William.....new retiree in Butuan.

S&R Davao
McArthur Highway cor J Rodriguez St.,
Talomo Ave., Brgy Ma-a, Davao City,
Philippines

post-1-0-89078700-1429425443_thumb.jpg

http://www.snrshopping.com/location/davao.html