Freedom?

jon1
Posted
Posted

We all have our habits but I feel we also live a lot better than before. I have a much better lifestyle as it is less stressful and my health has improved because of it. 

I definitely have less negatives here

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have a much better lifestyle as it is less stressful and my health has improved because of it.    I definitely have less negatives here

This my friend and all my friends out there, is what it is all about. LESS is the keyword as we know, Life can never be totally anything one way or the other  :thumbsup:

JP  :tiphat:

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
Believe me, I am not exaggerating when I say you need to be VERY careful in speaking your mind.

That's why I said "Being able to speak your mind without reprisals", "The truth will set you free"

Yes, I think we must all be aware of speaking out against injustice might bring unwanted attention, but that's in any country these day's.

Freedom is the choice to get out of bed in the morning or not

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I didn't move to the Philippines for more freedom. I wanted to enjoy my retirement by living and traveling in asia.

With that said in some ways the Philippines has more freedom than the USA but in other ways it has fewer freedoms. All depends on what freedoms are most important to you at the stage of life you are at.

For example, if you want the most freedom for economic reasons to start/run/own a business then Singapore or Hong Kong may be the best place for you.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I look at it as "freedom" from the rat race

Freedom's just another name for nothing left to lose.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
hat's not to stop them from filing a case, or threatening. If someone files a complaint here, they could drag a person through the system for months, unless you reach a "fair" agreement in mediation.

That unfortunately is true here also.  Plus here they get free representation, of course if they loose you may sue them for your expenses but not lost time.  This serves as a great deterrent to frivolous suits as when you win you receive nothing as that is all they have.  

Only in America

Justice for all.   

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

its the freedom to make a new beginning. that here you can still make difference for someone you care about. one thing that binds us up in bonds is the new frontiers that are reachable are out of reach. so now we' re retiring is getting out of the mold we were stuck in with all its restrictions. but here we can make a new beginning. in a place that accepts us mostly

• Like 4